1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tweaking the $ 200,000 Tournament

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wineguy, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Our group was discussing changes we would make to the format of a big dollar invitational or qualification shoot. First, it would be a 1000 target program announced one year in advance. A one day event that begins at 9 am and goes until the end.Night shooting a possiblity.Only extreme weather, (lightning, blinding rain), temporarily halts shooting.Assigned four trap bank does not change for the entire program.One referee assigned to each bank. Three twenty minute breaks between 9 and 6pm and any time required to maintain machines, otherwise its a continous shooting program.Gun failures result in disqualification.Late to the line results in disqualification. Leaving the line for any illness results in disqualification.Only three "failure to fire" allowed for the entire program, includes shell defects.Random drawing for shooting position immediately before the next 100 target set. Overall high score wins the event.Ties are settled with shoot off program following the main event.Shoot off held on a prior unused lighted four trap bank. The sponsor supplies all ammo at no cost, ( Gun Club or similar, not announced prior to shoot, 3dr, 1 1/8, 71/2 only).Shells dispensed on trap one of each bank.First place pays $175,000. Second place pays $25,000. Third place pays one flat of shells.

The thought was to push the shooter and reward physical,mental and equipment preparation.Luck,as always plays a role.Big money and a year to prepare. Is 1000 targets not enough?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What kind of wine were you guys drinking? HMB

3. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Yes, it was high a dollar california cab. Drank so much forgot to say this tournament is shot from the 30 yard line. Oh yeah, make that the 27 yard line.

Thanks

4. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Wait, wait, where's the 1 hour for chatting/napping in front of the clubhouse? How about the 20 minutes for scowling at the non K/P gun shooters?

Too many crotchety folks for an all-day program.

5. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

We will have a really loud speaker system for annoucements.EMS on stand by as well.

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

sounds like fun! entry is? shoot is where?

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That information is not available to just anybody, friends and relatives will be notified. HMB

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Don't hold the shoot at Sparta. The HEAT will be the big winner!! Clyde

9. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Clyde, there you go on Sparta again. for goodness sake it DOES get hot in Ohio too ya'know??? OK, OK, I understand the facts, and the underhanded actions from past sins... get over it!

As for the new set-up in shooting program, someone puts the cash up and I'm confident you will have one heck of a shoot.... just let the masses know when and where and they will come....

Matt Nicol

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If it were a perfect 72* degrees they would have something else ready to complain about. It gets old. I wonder about people that live such unhappy lives.

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Lets hold the shoot at Sparta. A great facility with happy shooters. oldtimer

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think you have become 1TooOldtimer. Maybe you're just too old to trapshoot any more buddy. Maybe you should try lawn bowling........or shuffleboard.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Since the "big money" is donated by a couple nice folks, I think I'll just be happy with their guidelines.

14. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Barry, I shot our NW Ohio Zone handicap shoot Sunday. Nothing exceptional but 88 from the 23yd line with 1 ounce on a windy day still gives me some hope. Still having fun, Clyde

15. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Pheasantmaster is correct.

The Martins are very nice people, I sure had a good time shooting with Lee Ann and Lori at the Arizona state shoot.

If you would like to put up your money then you can set the rules. End of story.

Tom Strunk

16. Barry C. Roach

Old. Come shoot our state shoot. You'd enjoy it.

17. Barry C. Roach

What a wonderful thing the gift is. It's so smart of them to set a decent entry to play it. They are going to be a lot of winners putting a lot of cash in their pockets. Both the big dogs and we little dogs. Exciting.

Can't wait to plunk down the $200.

18. Barry C. Roach

It's going to be a big one too. Martin Money + Entry Money = Lot's of Money. It's going to build on itself and be a monster.

Getting money back in the game and giving all levels of competition a chance is what folks have been yearning for. Let the games begin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.