1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tweak it or leave it alone

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Schoolcop, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

I'm putting this out to you guys who have been shooting awhile. I've been shooting about a year now and was wondering if I should have my gun professionally fit to me. I shoot pretty good with it they way it is but always think if it was tweaked just a little I might finally get that elusive 100. Thanks, Randy

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

You would be surprised just how nice a fitted gun feels....

Jerbear

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a PFS first. Tweak it yourself. Then if you want custom stock, you've got the setup and dimensions for the stock maker. Then sell the PFS. Better yet, keep the PFS and save yourself $$$$$$$, a lot of dollars. Unless you just like pretty wood.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I'm a 'south paw' so I had little choice.

Best add-on I ever did. Have never looked back.

Have had all guns fitted since that first one.

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Schoolcop,

Before you go to a gun fitter, spend $25.00 on Amazon and buy a copy of "The Stock Fitters Bible" by Rollin Oswald. You will, at the very least, get a very good insight into fitting a gun. You will probably be able to tweak your gun to fit you and if you still want to have somebody else do the fitting you will be able to understand what they are doing and why. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Pat

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Most definitely tweak it. If you don't mess with something that already works, you are not a trap shooter.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Country Gentleman, Larry Wehinger, Pat McCarthy, Keith Heeg, Tom Larkin, Wenig gunstocks, on and on.

8. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it very much.

9. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Here's a really good book for you. The best illustrations and pictures I've seen. And the text is wonderful too. Very easy to read and understand. It's quite the guidebook.

[​IMG]

10. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Randy

You should be able to tweak that 90T to fit. Adjust it so the beads line up the way you like every time then go shoot.You will not have to think about the beads just focus on the target.

John G.

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Keith Heeg is very, very good. He raised my average by 2 birds per round and that gave me a lot of straights. What is that worth? It cost me 25 bucks. Bill

12. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Thanks John, the 90-T I got from you has become my main gun and the one I had is now my back up. I just started shooting caps since I got it and have gained 1 1/2 yards with it in about 3 weeks. I absolutely love that fixed full barrel.

13. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member