1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuscon Gun Club SMOKE FREE??? WHY NOT NEIL??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Parkerguy, how are they FORCING anyone to do anything. Do they not have the option to go out in the fresh air if they wanna. So, someone dislikes the smell of gunpowder, ya gonna ban gunfire too?

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

It's all Bush's fault that smoking is allowed in the Tuscon Gun Club.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Why are you asking HERE? Ask the club.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Here we go again...I don't like it so ban everyone from it!

Don't you people ever stop?

5. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

"It is unjust that this fine club takes this position on non-smokers health."

Hey look everyone, Hillary has joined TS.com!

My gawd man, get a grip! The club has not taken a position on non-smokers health! They're a gun club, not the American Medical Association or the National Institutes of Health! If you don't like second-hand smoke don't go there.

Now leave this "fine club" and its members in peace.

6. Hauser

Hauser Member

Tucson is a membership club i.e. the members run the club. That being the case it appears the majority of the members have chosen to permit smoking inside the clubhouse.

This is not an ATA issue.

Jerry Hauser

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I don't smoke anymore but I sure don't want to push my choice(s) on anyone. My view is "if you don't like it - don't go there". Mr. Hauser captured the facts in his post.

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Parkerguy -

The club isn't "forcing" you anywhere. Like any other business, if you aren't happy with the ways it's being run it's your option not to patronize them.

You could also drop your membership (you are a member, aren't you?). If you don't want to drop your membership then the alternative is to work with other like-minded members on changing the smoking policy. I'm sure if it's as terrible as you say it is you wouldn't have any trouble getting a majority of the membership to stand with you and ask for it to be changed.

Scott

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Guys, you have the right to abuse yourself to your hearts content, but you DO NOT have the right to inflict harm on others (it's a proven fact and you know it), so do the right thing and take it outside and it will no longer be an issue.

Buz

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Worse, they don't even have a Gun Free Zone!

11. Hauser

Hauser Member

alfermann66

I believe I have this correct.

If someone knows smoking is permitted inside a building its up to them to avoid going into the building its not up to the members keep him/her out. You should not characterize smoking in this case as inflicting harm on anyone. Inflicting harm on someone by smoking is what use to happen when they allowed smoking on airplanes.

Jerry Hauser

12. jape

jape TS Member

Come to illinois. No smoking in any public building as of Jan.1 o8

13. WWB

WWB Member

Buz
    I don't know that it's a "proven fact" or not. Remember they proved that
    milk, and butter and eggs and on and on were bad also--most of which is now reversed, proving only that those who do studies can prove or disprove whatever they want. The old figures lie and liars figure kicks in here.
    I too do not like a smoke filled room--I seem to smell it on me for hrs afterwards.......& I used to smoke. But I am so tired of some people knowing what is best for everyone else. Wanna do some real good--go after alcohol--stop that--it costs us more in lives, misery etc than tobacco does......but then most everyone likes a toddy don't they? That post makes as much sense as that group of indians who want the Washington Redskins to change their name.
    Bill

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The great state of Tennessee made this decision for us last October. No smoking inside a building, with the sole exception of bars where no one under 21 can enter. This too will soon end.

As an ex smoker, I agree with the law. I also am not going to get on the soapbox about the evils of smoking! LOL

One could get the state involved, but like a bull in a china shop, they might well find bigger fish to fry, like lead, target, and plastic contamination.

If your club has smoking, why not see if folks will spring for tables and chairs for an outdoor area? Before the law took effect here, several of us at an old club I belong to coughed up some bucks and bought some patio furniture. I would rather be outside anyhow, when the weather is co operating. When it is colder than the mid 40's, my old self is somewhere else besides the gun club.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hillery asked Bill to give up smoking. Bill told her: "Baby, I gave up cigarettes, but I didn't give up smoking!!!"

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Quit your dang bitchin and take your ass outside ... there now you have heard that sound advice here on TS.com and have probably also have been told the exact same thing at your club.

If you dont like the smoke go outside and get your own breath of fresh air ... your there to shoot not lollygag inside the clubhouse and bitch about smoke or are you that bad of a shot that you are a member of the club for bitching purposes only?

17. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I did not read all the posts here. I am an ex smoker. I'm not an ANTI SMOKER. I'm in favor of those who do smoke. If you are some where other then your home or house you should, you will put up with other house rules. Wheither its someone elses home or at a gun club. You do not bring YOUR house rules to other places. To the smokers, smoke all you want.

18. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

To: Mr. PARKERGUY

Here's a Flash for yaw, If you don't like it at the TGC, STAY HOME!!!!
    I don't need any more liberals tell me ANYTHING!!!

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Does the club have salaried employees? Is the club open to the public during registered shoots? If it does the law might prohibit smoking. Check it out.
    If this is such a wonderful club why don't they care about the health of their members and guests. HMB

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

RottenLuckWillie, you are so right with alcohol. When can anyone say someone hurt someone with a gun while smoking? It has been proven that people have been hurt when someone drinks at gun clubs. Leave the smokers alone because they are safer then those who drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.