1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turning a Monte Carlo Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a question about changing a Monte Carlo over to a slight roll-over stock. The MC stock is a bit too hard on me and an adjustable comb just don't cut it. Anyone have any experience doing such a thing short of buying a new straight stock?

2. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Active Member

I'm a little confused about what you're asking. Can you be more descriptive?

You say you want a "rollover", yet that term normally applies to incorporating a so-called roll-over cheekpiece into a stock when it's first made.

You said your stock is currently "too hard on you", so I assume you mean recoil punishment to the face. Since you seemed to consider an adjustable comb (but nixed that idea because an adjustable comb "won't cut it"), I assume your current stock is too thick in the comb area? So, you actually need more comb offset . . . not a "rollover", correct?

And all of this is independent of whether or not the stock is Monte Carlo style or not. So, if you end up buying a new stock, it doesn't necessarily need to be a "straight stock" as you said.

Please provide more detail and we'll try to help.

3. metal1

metal1 TS Member

my new xt `s monte carlo was to high for me so i was able to take off about 1 in or so with a large belt sander to shape the stock to me when it was shooting where i wanted it to we refinished the wood and it amazing to shoot now no hitting in the face anymore ,jeff

4. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

If the gun is battering you cheek, on an adjustable comb, try setting the back of the comb a little higher than the front. That way as the gun recoils the comb actually slides away from your cheek, not up into it.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jeff, Perhaps the term "roll over" was the wrong way to describe what I meant since you can't make a roll over from a monte Carlo. I was thinking more in terms of sanding it down more on the cheek side while still lowering it. Browning stocks seem to me to be inherently thin by design thus I think a shooter gets a sharper jab so to speak from a M. C. stock.

I think the two posts after yours have probably answered my questions. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you cot a monte carlo stock to make an adjustable comb