1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnbull Restoration

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Sep 21, 2013.

1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife and I stopped in to see good friends at Turnbull Manufacturing and Restoration in New York State this past week. What a magnificent group of skilled employees who work there.

Our friends Ryan Power (Checkering man, with apron on), and Sam Chappell (Gunsmith) gave us another tour of the facility. When we entered the showroom I noticed the Punt Gun that was on display. When I got closer, I found it was the one that hung in the basement in the home I grew up across from. My old neighbor had taken my advice, and had put it in a prominent place for all to see.

The highlight of the visit this year was to meet the Man who made Turnbull Restoration all possible. Doug Turnbull has a storied history in the restoration of fine antique firearms, and it was a pleasure to finally meet the man in person. Doug is a great, personable fellow.

Dave in SC

Ryan certainly works to perfection...

[​IMG]

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had them do a Colt SAA for me last year, excellent work, highly recommend them to anybody that wants to make an old gun look factory new.

3. EdSy

EdSy Active Member

That's outstanding restoration work! The "before" picture at the top; and the "after" photo at the end - wow! -Ed