1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Them Loose?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JBrooks, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Turn them loose right out in front of those judges houses. What a crock of liberal tripe. How about any prisoner with longer than 10 years to serve we just put to sleep?

"Judges tentatively order Calif. inmates released

Feb 9, 6:50 PM (ET)

By DON THOMPSON

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A special panel of federal judges has tentatively ruled that California must release tens of thousands of inmates to relieve overcrowding.

The judges say no other solution will improve conditions so poor that inmates die regularly of suicides or lack of proper care.

They say the state can cut the population of its 33 adult prisons through changes in parole and other policies without endangering public safety.

The three judges said a final population figure would be set later.

In Monday's tentative ruling, the judges said they want the state to present a plan to trim the prison population in two to three years."

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I believe that even liberals will resort to vigilantism when crime starts effecting their own families.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Jim: You know what I did for 35 years and I have got to tell you how successful the 3 Strikes laws are/were in CA. Now having said that, we have way too many drug users/sellers serving time. We need a system that takes out the financial gain in selling and provides real drug treatment. Keeping drug addicts locked up is too expensive and does not solve the addiction. It costs over $40,000 a year to incarcerate an inmate... simply killing them sounds good, but is not going to happen. You are highly creative; solve the problem of addiction and sales [and bottle it] and you will win the Noble Prize. Fred

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Fred, China had at one time a major problem with drug users, they solved it in the back of the head.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Fred, hard to make someone or to instill in them the desire to quit when they enjoy their passion so vividly... You can give all the high dollar treatment available and it ain't going to work for the majority. Now there is no reason to fear becuase we can't keep you locked up forever or won't!!!!

The continuation of common sense yet on another degree concerning this move!!!

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

To late Fred, someone beat me to it. If we just killed all the three strike guys taking up space and anyone else that did something worth more than 10 years, we would have plenty of money to try to rehabilitate the rest.

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

Among other things every time there was any money to go to rehab or any productive the unions flex their muscle and it all went to wages and benefits. Plenty of blame to go around. California has fewer programs to work on recidivism than any of the other states. The impact on the counties of a release will create huge additional problems. Actually the state is going to get what they want as they will have shifted the problem back to the counties.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Heck our gov't believes in letting out terrorists,,,,why not this,,,,why not put them in concentration camps and have them rake up all the forests that keep burning each year????

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Please do not inject reason and logic into the conversation, Bigdogtx.

10. atashooter

atashooter Member

Hey, Cali is not the only one doing this... Virginia ( Gov. Tim Kaine ) has proposed the same thing.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

berson, i will get flamed for this, but I want my Nobel Prize, so I don't care.

Enact the Freedom of Medicine act. Any drug can be purchased legally at the pharmacy of your choice and for competitive market prices.

2 benefits will start to occur immediately.

1: There will be no incentive for illegitimate dealing of drugs if you can go to the corner to purchase. This will eliminate the problems of theft, violence and prison overcrowding for the most part. It will also have the side benefit of reducing employment in the legal, judicial, and corrective portions of our society which are bloated bureaucracies anyway.

2: The gene pool will benefit as the stupid will commence to ingest all manner of substances, and hopefully leave the planet. Our population will be much smaller and the remainder will have a hitherto vanishing quality: Judgement.

Now give me my prize.

HM

12. halfmile

Actually, prices would not be the same. So the robbing and stealing would be a lot less.

The illegal component of drugs makes for a very high cost, since smuggling and arrest/incarceration is part of the picture.

A field full of pot would be worth about 2 bucks a pound instead of a thousand, or whatever the street cost is these days.

You could pick up a few cans on the roadside and get enough for a couple joints.

99 per cent of the drug related crime is due to the high cost because of the illegitimacy factor. The war on drugs is a kingdonm building farce.

FYI England has had very good luck with a legal heroin program for addicts.

I'm not up on the particulars but I recall a program where they showed a few who were working at jobs and productive in spite of their problem.

Pharmacy supplied their stuff. But since we are governed by lawyers, of course an Idea that reduced their ability to extract a nice living from a certain segment of the population would be shot down immediately.

HM

13. shadow

shadow Active Member

Will the pharmacy accept Medicade cards?

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

fssberson

"It costs over $40,000 a year to incarcerate an inmate... simply killing them sounds good, but is not going to happen."

Just a question if this figure is correct isn't that the entire problem in a nutshell? I know how I live and I own a home and two vehicles and pay taxes and lite bills, heating bills, telephone bills, and all the rest.

They get everything handed to them and it costs them nothing. Sure you can say it costs them their freedom well that may be so but that was their choice in the first place.

Bob Lawless

15. halfmile

Shadow, I believe that would be under homeopathic remedies and therefore not qualified, LOL.

HM

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Do you think the "Groups" listed in this video vote for Republicans or Democrats?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3kMuN8sjk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3kMuN8sjk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Half mile is correct, Just make drugs legal.

End of market, end of crime to get the drugs, end of disease from Hiv. hookers, cut the police farce in half.

The druggies wouldn't come out of the "den" if they didn't have to.

Send them a dump truck load of pure and hope they try to do it all in one evening.

They will never allow this because of the corrupt and incentive money for the crooked system, besides Vice and DEA love to put on their Ninja suits, kick in doors, put more monkeys in the cage, all on the taxpayers dime.

18. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

JBrooks. I have this in my favorites. It hits the nail on the head. I would like to think that liberal gun grabbers are most likly speechless after viewing this but I don't think that's possible.

Joe

19. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

I DON'T GET IT....I JUST DON'T GET IT.
    We have a Sheriff in Arizona (Joe Arpaio) that can house inmates very cheaply and many of them don't return because they don't like it. Why do others not seek his advice? Why not hire him as a consultant to put things in order in their jails? If I were in a position of control of the jail population I'd be calling him immediately.

His system works, it's cheap, they don't return, I guess it just makes too much sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.