1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn on C-Span now.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cap and trade:

As I listen it becomes apparent how badly we are sold down the river.

"California standards imposed on all new Housing in the whole country"

And way more shocking requirements.

And this is just the amendment.

This better not pass or a revolt is sure.

HM

2. halfmile

Ugly stuff here. The life of every American except the very wealthy will be changed for the worse.

As I watched rep. Boehmer reading excerpts from the amendment to the energy bill, (cap and trade) I was apalled at the giant bureacracy proposed to control what goes into the atmosphere.

(Of course India and China have indicated they will not be following this path, so you know what that will do to our economy.)

among other things, only a miniscule portion:

This will allow "carbon credits" to be traded on the commodity exchanges.

In addition, another sneaky little provision repeals any restrictions on Derivative trading. (what got us here in the first place)

You also will not be allowed to sell your house unless it is brought up to the government's standards for energy consumption.

There was so much bad business I felt my blood pressure climbing. If the house passes this hideous monstrosity we need to call our Senators hourly in support of defeating it.

HM

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The vote will be at approximately 8:00 PM EST. Looks like it will pass in the House and get shot down in the Senate. HMB

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It passed 219 to 212. HMB

5. halfmile

Just the amendment Boehmer was reading had some very heavy stuff snuck into it.

The impact of being able to trade carbon credits on the futures market puts the whole country into the hands of the speculators that ruined the economy in the first place. (removing restraints on derivatives is the stake in our heart)

A 300 plus page amendment submitted at 3 in the morning. NO one read it and the pukes all pushed the "YEA" button.

Having to spend 20 thousand on my house so some government weenie will "allow"
    me to sell it sticks in the craw just a little too.

And all the while the mainstream media is cramming the Michael Jackson Garbage Scow down our throats 24/7.

Ptui

HM

6. d endicott

d endicott Member

I'm ready for a revolt.........we need to get rid of this government and fast.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Still has to pass the Senate. There may still be hope.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The Democrats are in full suicide mode.

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

Aren't you guys overeacting....afterall its going to help clean up the environment.......and our Govt wouldn't do anything that wasn't smart or prudent would they.

10. halfmile

OK, chuckles, you can pay my share. This is conservatively estimted to raise my utility bill $3K a year.

HM

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Keep chuggin the Kool-Aid Chuckles.

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hey Chuckles,

Read NASA's report from about 3 years ago, "IF" gobal warming is taking place, its because WE (the US) has cleaned up our air over this country allowing more UV rays to penatrate the Atmosphere!

The government is about collecting taxes, not improving our environment.

If they can pull the wool over your eyes, they'll do it in a heart beat!

13. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

There were 8 republicans that voted yes on the bill. One was Mrs.Bono of our lovely state of California. Of course she could not be real smart being married to Sonny. i think that all 8 should lose their seats when they come up for reelection.

Clyde

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ahhh come on!! chuckles was just kidding... right??

15. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Chuckles, I believe your creel is full. J.Woolsey

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Ha ha ha, you guys crack me up! It sounds like most of you can't wait until the next election to try and vote the Dems out. What a joke!!! Both parties are a bunch of incompetent slime ball crooks! Both parties have been, and will continue to ruin the country.

I agree the Dems might flush this country down the toilet a bit faster, but the difference between the two is not worth arguing over.

Mark Rounds

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mark, that's correct. We're going to hell at 75 mph with the Dems and 45 mph with the RINOs.<br>
    <br>
    My litmus test is the Second Amendment. I judge the attitude of politicians towards freedom and rights based on whether they trust ordinary citizens with firearms. If they don't trust us with firearms, then I don't trust them with the rest of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.