1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkeys

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Turkey Hunter, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkey Hunter

Turkey Hunter TS Member

Like to ask the Turkey hunters out there, whats the biggest turkey you have ever shot?

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Don't know weights but have some beards to 9 1/4" long. Have shot a few jakes. Have never shot a hen yet. I've taken some of my tails and fanned them out with a tail kit. Comes out pretty nice.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

25.5 lbs in central Indiana 5 years ago.

4. rick resko

rick resko TS Member

my largest was 21 pounds, 11 3/4 inch paintbrush beard and 1 5/8 spurs. that was 3 years ago. the only thing i havnt been able to do is put a bird at the end of my daughters gun. she can only hunt saturdays and here in Pa the woods get crowded . i am having more fun calling for other hunters than shooting them myself. last year i carried a gun only 4 days out of 30.

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Last year i shot one 26 pounds and it had two 113/4 beards 1 3/4 spurs . My mother inlaw has about 200 in her back yard every one feeds them .

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Mine - 24 lbs, 11 inch beard.

I did call one for a buddy a few years back that pegged the 25 scale at the check-in station. Game warden was there - wrote "30+" on the check ticket.

12 in. beards, spurs just under 2" It came in with four other nice toms, and the only reason my friend shot this one was it was the only one he could see as it was the only one tall enough to have his head above the sticker bushes.

If you don't believe dinosaurs evolved into birds, this one would have changed you mind.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.