1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey Shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

This time of year they seem to be more popular,anyone else shoot in them?? Went tonight for first time in a very long time. Won 2 of 3 shots then wife said its time to go. the first shot i lost and had to recalculate point of impact at the fire houses distance,didnt ask what it was but looked like 40 yards. there load was remington dove a quail #6 shot, i used my briley extended full choke.

Bill

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

target on left is first shot and you can see where i was way off the mark. readjusted with aim point a few inches off the paper at lower left hand corner, i am still not satisfied with the center of the pattern,could going to say a x-full or xx-full improve the center of my pattern??

Bill
    [​IMG]

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

You will find six shot usually pattern terrible as compared to 7.5 and 8 shot.They also use these hunting loads to even the playing field because of varying performance of the cheaper shells. You were probably shooting 90 feet as this the standard for this type of shoot.Is this shoot won by getting closet to the x or do they count the pellets in the circle?Each shoot is run diffrently.Check the shoot rules for choke limitations but I find a .650 constriction to do well on 6 shot hunting loads but you will need to practice for your particular guns impact.You can download a variety of targets including the one you have a photo of at Turkeyshoot.net and print them for practice.Hope this helps,,,,,,Don

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

Closest pellet to the center of the x wins, my browning is back bored to .641 in one barrel and .642 in the other would .650 still work ok??

Bill

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Bigger the backbore the better you need to to practice where it hits the best.Just left a meat shoot and won 15 lbs chip steaks a whole bone in porkloin, 15 lbs of sausage and split a 10 lb boneless porkloin tighter choke is not always better.....Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.