1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TURKEY SHOOT WCGC SUNDAY NOV 18

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cloudancer, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Sunday Nov 18 WCGC will be holding the second and final shoot for the year for turkeys. These are fresh (NOT FROZEN)turkeys that come from a local farm. So hope to see you here. All of the information can be found on our website at www.westchestergunclub.com.

Vickie

2. Husy rider

Husy rider Member

Hope I win one , fresh turkeys very good.

3. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Well if you have never had a fresh turkey you have no idea what you are missing. Those stale frozen ones are terrible. No comparison between them. A fresh turkey has amazing flavor without having to add lots of spice and salt to it. A frozen one needs all the help it can get and still tastes like crap. I have smoked the these turkeys for the club before. They turned out great! Make sure that your club is offering fresh turkeys people, if not come out to our club and get one for yourselves! You will never go back to frozen again!

V.H.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Vickie,..will you deep fry one for me??? ; )

5. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Calvin,

I have never deep fried a turkey before. But if you come up and win one, I guess I could give it a try! I have done a garbage can turkey at the club for one of our shoots. It turned out pretty good. It was eaten up pretty quick. But does that mean that we are going to get to see you up here for turkey?
    Isnt Oxford having turkey shoot for frozen birds the same day? Well come up to visit Calvin. Be nice to see you. A garbage can turkey around fifteen lbs takes about four and half hours under the can. So if you come up shoot win. We could get it under can right away and might be done in time for you to take it home around seven or eight! That is because our shoot on Sunday isnt starting until 11:00. So if you were in first squad, and won it right away, I could feasibly get it under can in half hour. It might get done around 4:30. Well it would be nice to see you either way.

V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.