1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey shoot South central IL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Timd3200, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Rountree gun club will be hosting a turkey shoot sunday Nov. the 6th. Shooting will start at 10 and go until prizes are gone or everyone is done shooting. We will have turkeys, hams and whole hog sausage. Will have 10 bird matches and shoot your own splatter card. Come one come all.
    Club is located half way between Nokomis and raymond on 21st ave.
    For more info call tim at 217 652 8231

2. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

3. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

4. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Next sunday. Hope to see you all there. Come enjoy the food and shooting. Will have chili,BBQ, and all kinds of home baked pies and cakes.

5. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

6. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

7. Arkie

Arkie Member

Had a good time at the shoot seeing old and new friends. Thanks Rick

8. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Want to thank all the attended our turkey shoot today. I couldnt make it today. I was finishing up my corn harvest.
    I also want to thank Congressman Tim Johnson for stopping by and introducing himself. Just so you trapshooters know he is a friend of NRA.
    See you all next year.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tim: You mentioned you had a SPLATTER Card SHOOT". How does that work? Dave

10. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

We have a card that is 5 inches square. There is a circle in the middle with a x in the circle. Shooters shoot at card from 40 yards. whom ever has a pellet that hits closest to the middle of the x gets the prize. Club provides the shell. We have 5 shooters take one shot t their card. Charge 5 $ per shooter for a turkey or ham. We usually have a good crowd for it. Lots of younger people and people that feel they cant compete on the trap line shoot the cards. We uses usually use cheap 8 shot shells. We used centurion shells this year. I is easier to see if some one is cheating by switching shells to one they brought from home. We have never had a problem but you never now when some one will try and bend the rules.
    One local club charges less per card ,but have more shooters per round. Just depends on how you want to run it.
    Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.