1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey Shoot results Oxford Gun Club 11/15

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

What a nice day!! 68 and sunny with a nice breeze. We got started at 10am and was finished by 1:30pm. The turnout was good with 80 event shooters and 40 on the practice trap. We gave out 70 turkeys today and a bunch of NY strip steaks on the 2 splash boards. Oxford also handed out 15 turkeys on Sat to our neighbors. Some of our top shooters for today are:

Rich Lewis 50x50 winner of event 1

Rick Young 50x50 (2x) winner of events 5&6 (Great shooting Rick)

Curt Jones 49x50 winner of event 2 (Curt said he would have tried harder if he knew I had a 50)

Charlie Adams 49x50 winner of event 4

Al Rinkerman 48x50 winner of event 3

Our top prize winner of the day is R. Young with 5 turkeys. Larry Kirk also had a good day with 2 turkeys, an ovenstuffer, and NY strip steak. I think Bob Pierce was in there as well with 2 turkeys and 2 NY strip steaks.

Shock of the day was when Jim Roland gave one of his turkeys to Mike SS who was crying the blues because he came up short on his bid for a turkey. Hey Jim, you know Mike shoots for quarryville don't you? Maybe Mike will take it easy on us during the next Pen-Mar shoot.

I also want to thank Jim Jr and Jim Sr for coming to the counter and giving us kudos for a nice shoot. I think they were happy with the turkeys they won. I know Lisa wasn't happy about not winning but her husband did win 2 turkeys. Next time Lisa!!

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next Turkey Shoot is Thanksgiving Day. Shoot starts at 9am. We will have plenty of Turkeys and other meat prizes on hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.