1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey Burger help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chadshot, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

I am going to grind up some turkeys into burger, anybody done this before? What do you mix with it to make it stick, how much??
    Chad

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Chad,

Add 5 lbs. Ground Chuck for every 1/4 lb. turkey.

Hope this helps,

Buzz

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It smells like CRAP if you fry it, YUK..

4. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Doesn't sound like this is a good idea????

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No, it's not. Unless you want you house to smell like CRAP for weeks. My wife tried it, because it was healthy. She won't do it again.

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Guys I buy Purdue ground turkey from Walmart all the time and eat it alot I use several Cabelas seasonings on it and also Webers hamburger seasoning on it and it is better then beef , we use it for spaghetti in the sauce it is great.also we buy ground chicken and do it the same way when both are cook on the grill or broiler they come out vantastic don't over cook. The seasons that I use are Cabelas Beer & Garlic Mesquite Chipolte, Mountainman Bourbon plus as I said above Webers gourmet burger seasoning trust me it taste great and when ground beef is $16.00 + for 5.5lb you can buy 3lb for $ 5.42 and get a lot for you,re money and it taste just as good. Pat.k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.