1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TUR-Duck-Hen Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by XXPowder, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

One of our local clubs in Wisconsin is having a Tur-Duck-Hen Shoot in a few weeks! They said its a boneless Turkey with a boneless duck in side and then a boneless chichen inside that and that there is also stuffing. They are also going to serve it at the shoot also! Has any one ever had Tur-Duck-Hen before and did you like it!

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Supposed to be fantastic. Dont miss it. Perazzi big bore can comment further. A Southern delicacy you dont see much up north.

Regards....Gerald

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

A friend of mine has cooked them several times and said they're very hard to cook. Some of the meat comes out great, some dry, some underdone. I'd LOVE to try one myself! Sounds great!

4. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Where in local Wisconsin is this shoot? Time? Date? Targets? Program? Inquiring minds want to know!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We tried one and it was not as good as I had anticipated it should be with the mix of flavors ... We ordered one and it was very expensive for what you got but it was worth it to try it ... I would never waste my time and or money buying one again ...This year I'm going to make a Turkey Breast, a Duck, and some Chicken breasts so people can take their pick or mix them all together if thats what pleases them ... The stuffing with be "Sage" which will go with all of the different types of meat and taters ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Try and win the one with the cajun stuffing. Man those thing are great, We at one time sold fresh turkeys to some folks in Lousianna that made these so I had a contact but they have since started buying closer to home and my contact there moved on as well,if I were close I would come shoot for one.Have a good Thanksgiving and eat lots of TURKEY so I can shoot more. Jeff

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Turduckhen is wonderful. It is hard to cook correctly. I followed a recipe from Justin Wilson ( he passed away a few years ago) I copied it from the internet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.