1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tupperware's finest...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

Tupperware

the incomparable compact Glock 19. Can you think of anything better!?!

DSC_0187-1.JPG

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

A Glock 26?

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

too small in the grip IMHO. The 26 needs a grip extension. But, it is a superb piece of Tupperware, none the less...

4. WCW4269

WCW4269 Member

A Glock Model 22 with a Seattle Slug! 9mm's suck!!!!

5. philk

philk Member

H&K USP in 45ACP for starters.

6. Slugo

Slugo Member

the H&K USP uses twice the amount of parts and lacks th pure durability of the Glock...

7. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Tupperware

Glock produces a decent product as do others in the plastic frame market. There are quite a few hanguns equal to or some believe superior to this Austrian pistol. A few examples would include designs from H&K, S&W, Springfield XD, FNC, Kahr, and others. I, on the other hand, have been carrying steel framed guns for over three decades, and have always been comfortable with my selection. To each his own - there simply is not just one firearm superior to all others.

8. FIB

FIB Member

I like the original Glock 17 3rd generation.

9. maierar

maierar Member

I was never a big fan of Glocks. I find their big guns too small and their small guns too big (G26 is hard to pocket). I have always considered them the "VW beatle" of handguns - inexpensive, reliable, well engineered for their price point, but thoroughly pedestrian. There is nothing exciting or even interesting to me about them - no WOW factor, like a good 1911.
    That said, I took it as a challenge when the G34 was described by Glock as a "Competition" pistol. Its not.
    It is, however, a great platform on which to build a really good competition pistol. So I got to work and here is the result:
    CIMG0482-1.jpg

Let me know if you are interested in the specs of the G34MR.

10. maierar

maierar Member

Sorry, upload didn't work:

maierar_2011_0501.jpg

11. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

SIG P226.

12. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

+1 on Sig, but make it Sig 229 40 cal.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I was shopping for guns recently and looked at several Sig Pistols. While i like all i handled they are sure proud of them. I believe everyone i held had just under a Grand on it. I'm sure it falls into the "Get what you pay for" category. Just say'n................

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Hard to beat the Glock for defensive use. Opinions and buying patterns world wide show the Glock is an overwhelming favorite. The G19 is a SUPERB defensive arm. I prefer the G23 for discrete carry, but to each his own.

Show your friends your ego-satisfying custom Bling pistol, show your enemies your GLOCK.

Without character or personality, the Glock simply works. However, like all other firearms, it has no brain, so you must use yours when handling it.

15. Slugo

Slugo Member

amen Shooting Coach! The day of the over-hyped 1911 paperweight is long gone. Cocked and Locked is a bit of a joke! BTW, most of the spec. ops. guys are now carrying the 40 cal Glock, their choice. Betetta M9's appear to be on their way out. The Sig 226 is also a favorite of the Seals.

How do I know, my SIL is a senior Navy EOD and I've had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with his buddies out of Little Creek...

16. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Glock 36.
    45ACP knock down power.

17. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

1911 on the way out,come on. I don't disagree glock,sig. etc. all good quality pistols but will anyone know what a g36 or p226 is in 100 years or even possibly be using one yet.

18. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Any Kimber in .45 ACP. Woody

19. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

From Slugo

amen Shooting Coach! The day of the over-hyped 1911 paperweight is long gone. Cocked and Locked is a bit of a joke! BTW, most of the spec. ops. guys are now carrying the 40 cal Glock, their choice. Betetta M9's appear to be on their way out. The Sig 226 is also a favorite of the Seals.

How do I know, my SIL is a senior Navy EOD and I've had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with his buddies out of Little Creek...

Everything you've said here speaks volumes about your experience with combat firearms; BTW, most firearms are carried 'cocked and locked', some just don't have hammers exposed. You do understand that the 1911 was designed as a single-action pistol which offers many advantages over DA and DAO pistols? Oh, and your statement about the M9 being on the way out -- not so. The gov't just purchased 250,000 more for the armed services. They also purchased more 1911's from Kimber and H&K Socoms for Special Forces -- they bought no Glocks. I teach tactical pistol to several LEO organizations, and some carry Glocks; I have no problem with their choice. But by no means is the Glock the end-all for all applications; they are just another low powered last resort weapon that are called handguns....good luck

20. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Nice looking paper weight. That's the great thing about America, you can love your Glock, and I can sneer at the very plastic it's made from. It'll be in the re-cycle can long before my American made, all metal S&W Mod. 19. And yet we can still shoot side by side and like each other. But again my Mod.19 will out shoot your Glock. I will have to re-load before you, but I can shoot .38's or .357's thru the same gun. And don't get your Glock too close to the campfire, It'll melt. Good Shooting, keep your Glock clean, F/S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.