1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tucson Update $10,000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Great jesture! Club and management is to be commended. It was a great shoot.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They did the absolute right thing under the circumstances ... I have little doubt Ray is pleased as well to be rewarded for some great shooting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

That is really good news. This is a fantasic gun club, love to go there. How many other clubs would do this? I would guess not many, Vernal and Spanish Fork probably.

Thanks for the post Bob.

Tom Strunk

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This is great news concerning my home clubs decision to award Ray for his fantastic shooting! I'm glad to be a member of this great club and consider all the club officers to be top shelf! I am looking forward to another shoot-out for redemption too!!

Hap

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Hap, you had a good run on Saturday. Nice score.

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

What did Ray do to win the 10k? What a great shooter.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

8. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Ray deserves every penny of it! One Hell of week of shooting Ray!
    Rooferbob!

9. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks RickN! I really enjoyed the shooting Saturday which was one of my rare pain free shooting days. I even enjoyed getting my butt handed to me by Bill Whalen of WA in our shoot-off, it was a fun contest and the best man won, I congratulate him again! I'm preparing for a different outcome next time though.

Hap

10. blacklab

blacklab Member

For those of us who were not there, What did Ray do?

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Class move on TT&S's part.

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Difficult & costly decision, If a shooter does not qualify, likely should be informed upon entry.Upon accomplishment a clear cut answer is available.
    Likely could be done in advance.

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Would they have done the same thing for anyone else?

14. Hap MecTweaks

Joe, Ray knew prior to the first shoot this prize was offered a couple years back that he wasn't eligible because of his prior Olympic status. Even so, Ray has shot every target the club has thrown regardless of the insurance company's "rule".

Likes-to-shoot, I'm sure if there were other former Olympic contenders that participated at our club as does Ray Stafford, they would have been given that same consideration also! Tucson T&S is a great club and our club officials are all top shelf people!!

Gene Hapney

15. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Now, We know what is wrong with Ray"s Back. It's carrying all of the money.He is a truly great shooter and I enjoy talking to him almost as much as talking to HAP Mc. Tucson runs Great shoots and I love shooting here, if they could only slow down the Wind some on Thursdays.

16. JES

JES Member

This is my all time favorite shoot!! The people and the way it is run, even with all the wind the first 3 days still love to shoot there. Nice to meet you Gene it was a pleasure and Tom Strunk, wish more trapshooters.com would introduce their selves - did not shoot well but had a great time. Jan Slough

17. Hap MecTweaks

Jan, likewise my friend, it was my pleasure to meet and personally say thanks for all you did for the good shooters of CA at Redlands last month! I wish I could'a made it over for all the fun too!

Bob R., I'll put in a good word to the wind Devils next time you make it over! Thursdays it is for you! :)

Hap

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Hap.........No insults were intended. I've heard that Tucson is the place to be if you like great places to shoot.

Bill

19. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

No one other than Ray broke a 100 in the main handicap, therefor no other person was eligible to win the $10,000.00, end of story.

But, some are wondering why a past or current "Olympic" shooter would be disqualified from winning the $10,000.00. Its right in the preface of the program. See page 12 item #6. It is because the $10,000.00 is put up by an insurance company. A policy was purchased by the club and this was one of the stipulations the insurance company required.

A very generous Tucson Trap and Skeet club took the $5,000.00 from their own bank account to pay Ray as a goodwill gesture. Something they didn't have to do.

Tom Strunk

20. white rattler

white rattler Member

Hello Tom, Thinking of you, your friend Trevor Dawe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.