1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TUCSON TRAP & SKEET: WHAT IS LATEST

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotslinger, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

I am in the process of planning my retirement - I am a lifetime trapshooter and want to do more of it when I retire in 3-5 months. I love the Tucson area but heard there is trouble brewing with encroaching development. What is the latest news out there???

2. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I bought a house two years ago to do the same thing. Shoot at Tucson Trap and Skeet when we retire. I guess I have to let the dust settle and see, if they do move, where the club will move to.

3. Doug Sims

Doug Sims TS Member

See above link - The notice of the demise of Tucson Trap and Skeet Club is very premature. The club is being proactive in their response to encroachment.

Doug Sims

4. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

Doug,
    Thanks for the information - sounds like things are under control. Getting the right neighbor would solve the problem both now and into the future - I hope the powers that be see it that way as well. The Tucson Club is one of the BEST facilities I have ever shot at which is one of the major reasons I am considering Tucson for my retirement. On a side note, I just talked to the property tax people out there and learned that a small property tax increase is on it's way but nothing to be alarmed about.
    ShotSlinger

5. Doug Sims

Doug Sims TS Member

The land being requested for change in use status is in the landing flight path of the Ryan Airport.

The local county authorities are not foolish enough to rezone the area for high density housing for airplanes to buzz and/or crash on. The airport is our good neighbor!

Doug Sims

6. Jim Pollock

Jim Pollock TS Member

It is a lovely club at which to shoot. Don't bet on how foolish the local authorities may or may not be! I hope the executive of the club are working together with the airport folks to have a say in whatever zoning changes may be made.

Jim Pollock

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is no doubt that having anyone who is in a business that will not interfere with the operation of the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club would be the ideal situation but developers have big money and big plans in place long before they make the so called first move ... Developement of housing, even low income takes a presidence over more commercial property for economic reasons to the immediate area ... It will be interesting to see what happens and how they pull it off when its all done ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Do not know what the situation is Down there in Tucson. I'm in the Phoenix area. I have shot there many times and have found it a very nice range to shoot. One of the best here in Az. I hope they can stay on top of things so they don't have to move or close down. The Ben Avery Shooting Range is comming along nicely especially the Trap & Skeet Houses. The work now is mainly in the off parking and camping areas. There is talk in the air of a new range going in South of Buckeye Rd. here in Phoenix. There is some wording I'm not sure that there might not be Trap shooting. As of now, this area is being used as Phoenix's Police Department for there shooting area. The word is there is a possible expansion to where all the uniformed Departments will have access to this as well as the public. Seems as though The old Phoenix Trap & Skeet Club is going to give them money from the sale of the land they were on to include Trap & Skeet. As of now have not heard any other news on this. If anyone has any info on this please dive in and let us know Whaz Up!! Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rich,

Who did you talk to from the old Phoenix Trap and Skeet Club and when ..? I'd be careful what you say on here if you do not have that based of fact and not just someone running off at the mouth claiming to know all about it ... The plans I have heard do not include any trap and skeet facilities at the Buckeye location and I have talked to board members from the old Phoenix Club that don't know anything about it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.