1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tucson Trap and Skeet Club - Bunker Installation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DJSims, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJSims

DJSims Member

See the photos at the TS.com thread 'Congrats to Aaron Holguin! 100 Straight @ KCGC'.

5 bunkers are in the ground, with machines in three.

Targets will be in the air soon!

Doug Sims

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

How is the new building coming.

jim brown

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Certainly very impressive Doug. I'd heard there were two under construction, I don't have a clue how you can generate enough activity for five of them, obviously somebody does. That facility should make for some much different shooting activity in the future. Great to look forward to. :) Bob

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Here's the pictures DJS mentions above. Gene

hapmectweaks_2008_03035.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_03036.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_03039.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030310.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030311.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030318.jpg

hapmectweaks_2008_030319.jpg

5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Doug
    Are those rain clouds in the back ground. Will see you on or about the 20th of Oct. Can't wait.
    Bob Roberts

6. bas

bas Member

Wow...looks very cool...when will they be operational?

7. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

I like the temporary roof supports. Gives the installers an opportunity to figure out where the permanent supports should go to insure they can legally set all the schemes without the trap arms hitting those supports. And even locate them so they can throw Universal Trench/5 - trap now and then to break up the monotony. Hopefully the machine locations don't cause carousel binding. . .

Looks like maybe I should plan a trip.

- - Bill

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Remember that these machines came from Atlanta and there are a number of both right and left hand throwers. I understand they have taken this into account when putting them in the house. It was sad to see Atlanta close but at lease the machines found a new home.

Tom

p.s. some wonder how the club can make this go. Ask them after they have some selection matches and a world Cup or two. Bet they will say "quite well"

9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Our junior Olympians tell us that the line for the bunker at BA is kind of long.

So it will be nice for them to stay closer to home and shoot bunker.

With our RV set up giving us year round camping capability.

And now having the FULL clay bird set up,

ONE can only guess who might show up to shoot,

OR how long they night stay!

I think those bunkers, along with ATA trap, skeet, International skeet and sporting clays,

Will ALL get a work out !!

AL

10. Hap MecTweaks

Al, you left out that wild wobble trap! :) Hap

11. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Any confirmation that the Spring Selection will be there or dates for this event? HJH

12. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Hap - how many ATA fields will be closed when the bunker fields are operating?

Do you (or the club management) have any idea how many bunker fields they will have running on any given day? I understand 3 fields will be fully operational but I suspect it will be like most other bunker facilities - it will be underutilized on a daily basis and at full capacity when they host a selection match or world cup. So if I was to guess I would say one field open on a regular basis with maybe two on weekends.

One of the keys to bunker is to get as much time in on a field as possible shooting as many of the schemes as possible. Do you know what the managements plans are with respect to scheme rotation? How often will they switch it up? In my experience the kids seem to develop some muscle memory inside of a month so keeping the schemes rotated helps them see different presentations.

The facility looks like it is going to be first class - well done to everybody involved.

We have shot ATA at Tucson and I look forward to coming down to the spring selection match to shoot the bunkers.

13. Hap MecTweaks

The bunkers are located between traps 4 thru 13 so I'd say none on either side of those two numbers would be operational during a comp shoot? Three are almost completed now and soon operational. How many they open will depend on the numbers of shooters I'd guess. That's a great thing about our Tucson club, if there's people wanting to shoot, more traps will be opened!

I'll pass along the information in case Doug is out of the country again. I'd also think wide conveyor belting would make a very comfortable place for standing too! One strip and a done deal?

I know nothing about the scheme of how the operation is planned for now but I will find out soon. I actually saw my first bunker when Ben Avery opened theirs last year. I'd seen it on TV but never first hand though. I jumped in and shot my first round up there and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge! Didn't do too bad for an old crippled guy either! I gotta have some more of that a lot closer to home! Sorry I didn't have more of the important information guys.

Hap

14. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Hap

Can't wait to get down there soon! Looks first class. Well done.

HJH

15. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

We had rubbermats w/ holes at Las Vegas, expensive I understand, but very good. Also, I saw similar mats at Pep Boys but inexpensive.

Will you be installing covers over the shooting stands? We had a cover (a car port cover) at Las Vegas that is now at Ben Avery and we could shoot reasonably comfortably year round.

16. DJSims

DJSims Member

Permanent carport style covers would interfere with the ATA trap shooting houses for handicap events. The multi-use of the fields must be maintained.

Fabric sun shades may be an option, and I would prefer fabric, to minimize noise retention under a hard carport cover.

Thanks for the photos, Hap - The progress will continue, and shooting should be soon. The board set the price at $8.00 per round for members, and $10.00 for non-members. Membership is available at $25.00 for 3 month memberships, or $75.00 for annual. Life membership is $400.00.

Doug Sims

17. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Very impressive...wish I were closer!

bluedsteel

18. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Quite a project, makes putting in 24 ATA trap fields in a piece of cake.
    Looking forward to seeing the facility. Hopefully get to try it out.
    I have man y questions, but they will wait til January.

Joe Woods/Ontario

19. Hap MecTweaks

I'll pass along more information as it becomes available. More pictures too once the project gets farther along with an announced opening date. DJS is so busy, can hardly find time to follow this thread so I'll help all I can when the word becomes available to share. Be patient and wait for the targets to appear, soon!

Hap

20. t-bar

t-bar Member

looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunker trap tucson

tucson trap and skeet club

tuson trap las vegas soccer tournament november 2014