1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tucson, az city information needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by okieshootist, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okieshootist

okieshootist Member

I am considering a job offer in Tucson and was wondering if some of you fellas would share local info on the city. Interested in housing information (like areas to stay out of), places to shop for food and reloading / gus supplies and housing market info would be good too. Thanks Okieshootist (David H)

2. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Google Tucson, you will find all you need.

Richard Luckett

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Tucson trap and Skeet Club is on the far WEST side of the metro area.

Golf courses all over the place.

Pay attention to the low laying areas, the engineers say they have built enough flood protection, but areas like Continmental Ranch have been under water 4 times in my life. east of the I-10 and west of Silverbell RD, from not to far north of Grant RD all the way into Avra Valley have mostly good areas and high ground also, to move into.

There are a lot of new homes going up off of both Ajo way and Valencia, some are going to see water flowing through them some are going to be islands in the flood. From the Tucson Mountains West into the valley you are hardly ever more then 15 minutes from the trap club.

So what are looking for and about were is the job going to be?

Al

4. shaner

shaner Member

hey shoot me an email i just moved back from living there for 2 yrs, i'd recommend the east side to live? i lived off of pantano , just south of speeday , wasnt to bad westside as yu get closerto 10 is little rougher

5. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

There are a bunch of houses in my development for sale, we're way the hell and gone out to the SE. It's a nice, private place to live, but it's about as far from Tucson T&S as you can get without leaving greater Tucson. I usually allow about 50 minutes to get to the club.

Tony

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Look at Vail, I think Hap lives there

7. SoftCraft

SoftCraft TS Member

1) Basic economy based on university and military and all their supporting industries. The usual good companies that have enough reserves will survive and others will not survive.

2) Housing is same as most major cities but Tucson and Phoenix have some of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. If you or any in your family (you didn't say if you are married) is a real estate agent, tough market but still do-able. Real estate offices closing, lots of agents leaving the business and getting regular jobs. Number of agents leaving the business is about 27% over the last two years in Tucson. (Gives you a measure of how the market is moving.)

3) Link above is a document called "Buyers Advisory". It has many links to help you find information you can use. It should be a mandantory document for all home buyers. It is with our brokerage. If your agent doesn't give you a copy of this document in your first meeting then walk away...far away.

4) This is the department of education link. Ratings of all of the school districts and schools are there. School districts are "open enrollment" so students are not restricted to one particular school and some are supporting home schooling.

5) will assist with demographics by zipcode.

6) is state government web site with links to tons of information.

7) is site for department of real estate and has plenty of public information.

Rich Andrew<br>
    Corporate Broker<br>
    Arizona Realty One Group<br>
    Scottsdale, AZ

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are some smoking deals on homes all over the State due to the foreclosures ... The job market is in the tank and getting worst almost on a daily basis ... Hell, its to bad here even the Illegal Mexicans are leaving because of no work or any more home to strip out for salvage ... The winters are the attraction due to the balmy weather though it did get so cold last year that I had to wear long pants for almost two full weeks, I thought it was never going to warm up ... Bring Sun Screen ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Big Az Al

Unloader your wife helped get us into the house we are in! What's your address I really need to send her a Christmass card, we are still here and love it.

As far as the area closer to the freeway being rough?

Here in Flowing Schools district, we are no rougher then any eastside nieghborhood. Next Saturday Nov. 1st, there are two High School Marching band festivals, UofA with 24 bands and Flowing Wells with 21 bands. Flowing Wells is the best district in TUCSON! and no were in this district are we more then ten minutes from the freeway!

It is also the only district in the area that you can count on seeing the district adminastration at ALL school function from kindergarden thru 12 grade!

Hap is in Vail that is about as far as you can go east without ending up in Cochese County.

There a lots of grate areas in Tucson and the surrounding areas!

Al

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

David H., Tucson is great, there's some areas better suited to live in, like any other big town has. The area that Tony (AJKohler)and I live, Vail, is a very good place to live. There's a few homes over in Tony's area for sale thats worth looking into! The weather here for all seasons is fabulous compared to other areas of the country! I have arthritis and this climate was made for me. As Gary B. said, there's a lot of good people here and we have one of the finest G.C.s in the country in addition. I love it here!! Hap

11. Tucson Trapper

Tucson Trapper TS Member

Hi David,

Take a look at my website. http://ralphr.longrealty.com/ There is all kinds of info on Tucson there. I moved here 13 years ago & cant find any reason to leave. Tucson Trap & Skeet Club is a great place to shoot!

Ralph

12. okieshootist

okieshootist Member

My thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. I appreciate the information that you passed on. My wife and I will be in Tucson on Tuesday where my wife will be talking to realators and I will be interviewing with the City. We'll have some time to drive around and look at some of the things that were suggested to us. Thanks again Okieshootist (David H)

13. Big Az Al

Dave,

I live In Flowing Wells school district, if you have kids check it out!

Al

District boundries: Start at Grant and Fairview, north on Fairview to Prince RD, then West to Tutle, north on the tutle alignment to the Rialto River, West to the Shannon rd alignment, North to Ina west to, Thornydale, south to Orange Grove RD, west to I-10, then south to Grant and east to Fairview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.