1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TUCSON-AUTUMN GRAND-GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe90t, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Arrivied Home last night from a week in Tucson at the Autumn Grand. We had GREAT weather most of the week. Friday it was windy & Cool-Saturday COLD & Windy finally warmed up to 56 degrees but, was Cloudy Most all day. Sunday -Cool and a little wind. I was lucky enough to meet Barry Roach (shot with him) he like myself is TALL & Handsome and He Ran 100 in the first Sat. singles.Met another SUPER NICE shooter & person-Greg Minor and shot with him a couple of times. Roy Morton (Texas) was there and picked up his Toe Pad & Barrel Bra he had bought from me.Saw a LOT of Friends (old & new) and told a "few" trapshooting stories. NOW i have your Attention YEP-HAP (Gene Hapney) was there and was in "Fine" shape. Gene is one of the NICEST people you will ever meet and ALSO LIKE me Good Looking and ALWAYS Speaks the Truth-Ok maybe we pull peoples leg a "Little". Lee Bachman, Doug Sims,Scott McClelland, Steve & Linda Williams Run the "BEST" trap Facility in the Country IMO.Great targets Great People. If you have NOT been to the Tucson Trap & Skeet Club PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!!! Also "ALEX" keeps the Entire place looking Great AND, the BATHROOMS Are SPOTLESS.Yep SPOTLESS. Until the next time i feel like "Ranting" Shoot Good And Have Fun. JOE WHITEHURST PRESIDENT NEW MEXICO TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCATION

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Joe, are you full of B.S. on the comment about Tall & Handsome??? I don't know you but I sense you may be fudging a little? Sherry and I had the pleasure of meeting Steve an Linda at Vernal last June, nice down to earth people and dam friendly. Scott

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Joe---

It's aways a good time at Tucson, I love shooting there. It was also good to see your smiling face. I liked hearing your stories about all the 90T's you have set up and sold. Hope to see you at the Spring Grand.

Tom Strunk

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I am jealous! :)

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

OK-OK, I will admit I am Not REAL Tall but, Handsome--You Bet I am. Tom, i always enjoy seeing and visiting with you and yes, we will be at the Spring Grand.Scott, please bring Sherry to the Spring Grand so i can meet her. I was "Told" she is a Beauty and you were VERY Lucky to have "Married UP". Just what i heard but, you are a Very good Ts.com member. Remember You need to SEE it to Break It. Warmest Regards ---Joe joe90t

6. Scott Johnson

Joe, I can tell by the conversation you are one of those funny ol trap shooters, someone worth knowing and listening too, more stories than the bible (old and new testament), more B.S. than a X-mas goose. I would bring Sherry, but Betty is funner and shall we say............in very nice shape! And yes it is probably true I married up. But the draw back to bringing her is all the old guys, like Maltz, probably the Literalist, and maybe you have a tendency to drool on her.....Scott

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Scott, you Sir I want to meet. I "think" from your Threads I may have MET my match in the B.S. department. Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...Joe joe90t

8. Scott Johnson

Joe I think you are getting me mixed up with a Modamsourrian named Denny Spurling. Joe you gonna be in Vernal in June? Scott

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Scott, i HOPE to be in Vernal in June. Sharred Oaks is such a NICE young man and i asked him if I came to Vernal would he teach me to shoot. His answer was he would "TRY". Steve & Linda williams will be there so I think we will come also. Joe joe90t

10. Scott Johnson

I shot with Sharred in Helena on a singles squad this past year, nice young man with a great start on this game of trap. I like to watch how well he sets the gun everytime, very consistant. He is very polite and respectful kid, not always common these days.
    Joe, how the heck will I know its you other than you carry a 90T, how will I spot you? (oh o this response "could" get long winded) Scott

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Scott, just look for a whirlwind of dust or BS and there will be ol Joe right smack dab in the middle of it all!! :)

Tucson T&S club is the premier club west of the mighty Mississippi to shoot trap! Another fact is all the fine folks that's drawn there for contests of all sorts, BSn being just one and ol Joe is boss in that department! His wife Vickie is a dandy lady and he married up too Scott so he knows of what he speaks there! grinz

Hap

12. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Well let me see?? 5'8 210lbs (tummy)Clean shaven,nice dresser,mostly gray hair BIG SMILE, Nice Justin chuka boots carrying a Kolar(save the 90T for BIG shoots)Kolar Hat and being followed by a Beautiful Woman. yep that bout does it. Joe joe90t

13. Scott Johnson

Joe, I will pick you right out, but I have to warn you when Betty's there, we will have two beautiful woman and you know that dang Denny S. (the womanizer) will be a bothering them............LMAO. Scott

14. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I enjoy that shoot and people as much as any other place I travel. The shoot is run the best, the people are great, (you included) and just a great place to be. I hope to retire there some day. Thanks Stan

15. Valerie Jones

Valerie Jones Member

If I had no thought of attending the Spring Grand, this thread would cause me to think again. Truth is, I am hoping to make the trip. Sounds like a wonderful time.

16. Scott Johnson

Zardoz,
    Maltz claims he is going to catch some of these western shoots this next year, I guess we will see. Trying to get tht Ioweigen to come to Vernal, I would guess that trip for him could be like the movie "Vacation" the one Chevy Chase was in. Couldn't you just see him and the Lit riding together, could be a Bromance??
    Scott

17. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

Joe,

Welcome home. we have missed your posts. :)

Hal

18. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

If me and my 'ol bunkyboy the Literalist would decide to drive out, getting past the sheep farms will slow us down. There seems to always be a cute one close to the fence as we travel. The Lit is also after the thrill of the last few diein' quivers of a chicken.

At least we can say we ain't no pedophiles like that Scott Johnson from Mondamtana. He married a girl 25 years younger. Should be illegal even if she does likes older men.

Boy's....the girl is special and a hugger.

Maltz

19. beaker100

beaker100 Member

just got back to missouri this morning from tucson. great time the best people. doug hubbart gunsmith/colorado custom cases

20. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Valerie, Please try to be at the Spring Grand, You will have a Blast. My beautiful wife's name is Vickie & she and I will protect you from the "Guys" that are animals.You will be amazed at This Super Clean Facility and Friendly people.The Targets are BIG and "Glide" thru the air with amazing grace and "some" of us watch this happen a good many times.The "Most" important people to meet are Steve & Linda Williams, Gene Hapney,Stan Wilton,the Bartender (of course), Scott Johnson and Of Course ME!!! Be advised that "TALL" stories are told by Gene & Scott but, If I tell you anything "Take it to the Bank" REALLY !!!!!! Hope to meet you at the Spring Grand. Joe joe90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

autumn grand tucson

tucson autum shoot

tucson autumn grand