1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tucked away in Ulm, Germany...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by erock_germany, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

...in a fairly large commercial zone is a factory that makes really nice shotguns (actually in Neu Ulm)...was there yesterday getting a new set of barrels fit. It is so awesome how great the service is and how friendly the people are. I have been there a few times. It is amazing how low key the building is and how intricate the production is with so much skilled work still done by hand...

If you go around the corner (literally) you find this well known arms maker called Anschütz....

And if you go up the hill 15 minutes above Ulm, you find Walther, another house of tradition. Looks like there is more money being made making pistols etc...This looks like a real high tech production from what I could tell. Did not get a tour.

Thought I would share these pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If still in town check out the indoor ranges at this facility. Indoor clay target shooting...

http://www.mszu.de/galerie?category=2

3. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

very cool

4. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

whats amazing is how it escaped the american bomb sites during ww2. and or, how well it recovered.
    german guns, what american guns use to be.
    id take an ulm over a perazzi any day.
    curious, hows the us$ doing over there? are guns within reach of more people or is it still an upper end sport as its getting here in the u.s.?

5. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Those companies weren't there in WW 2. They were in Suhl, which was going to go to the Russians. The allies moved the factories to the Western side so the Russians wouldn't get control of the them.
    Dave

6. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

The factories were rebuilt cheaper than moving the "Rubble" of what was left of them to the west. Even the Beretta factory was bombed by B-17's but was in partial production again with-in a month.

7. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

Dave is correct. Ulm was the city where they were relocated by the allies when the Russians came into that area.

Most of the factories were left and only documents as well as some basic machines and tools were taken. The Krieghoff production was actually dismantled, sent to Russia and the building was blown up.

Krieghoff and Anschütz only produced air rifles until around the early to mid 50s until they were allowed to go into full weapons production. Not sure of Walther.

Suhl is actually nice now and companies are producing there again and there is a kick ass clay target range there - 4 bunker and skeet combo fields which is big for Euro standards.

I have been to Müller Schiesszentrum - the indoor range mentioned. It is cool. It is expensive. It is indoors and loud. I like the outdoors. Not my thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hightech shooting range ulm germany

krieghoff shotgun factory in ulm