1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TTA Zone 1 - rules for $10,000 Handicap 100 purse

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Amarillo GC, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

Reminder for those looking to shoot for the $10,000 Perfect 100 purse at the Texas Trapshooters Assn Zone 1 Shoot May 16-18 at the Amarillo Gun Club:

Shooters must shoot all three championship events to be eligible for the special purse. A perfect 100 in the handicap championship by a qualified shooter = $10,000!

Ties will divide. No practice may be shot on a program trap the day of the shoot. Past Olympic team members not eligible. Other yardage requirements may apply to certain level NSSA and NSCA shooters as well. No more than 175 shooters.

Presquadding is open at www.presquad.com.

AGC has just installed five new Pat-Traps. All new machines should be wired and ready for the Zone shoot - 8 Pat-Trap program traps and one Pat-Trap practice / shootoff trap.

Hotels with special rates include Fifth Seasons Inn, Ashore Inn, Howard Johnson's. A Holiday Inn, Days Inn, and Hampton Inn are also nearby.

Full rules for the $10,000 purse will be posted at the Amarillo Gun Club website in a few days. Meanwhile, be sure to presquad!

2. roybiggunstx

roybiggunstx TS Member

Why is anyone not eligible, are All Americans with a high handicap averages exempt if an Olympic team member is not eligible to win the money? Let’s go one further and not allow anyone closer than say the 25 yard line not eligible if we are going to put who is qualified and not qualified for a purse. Can the best shooter not win or did the ATA not set up a handicap system for a reason???? Hopefully there will be qualified handicapping personnel to eliminate the people that need to be classified properly to eliminate the good old sandbaggers. Enough said!!

3. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

The Olympic Team rule and penalty handicap for certin other venue shooters is imposed by the insurance company and not the gun club. Same as our $10,000 prize at our State Shoot in July. Master and AA Class Sporting penalty is 25. A Class Sporting in 24. There were other rules on the policy we argued them out of. Sorry if you are upset. We did the best we could. Jimmy Borum

4. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Devil,

It's called a prize indemnification policy. The TTA wants to put up a $10,000 prize but doesn't want to or can't afford to pay the $10,000 award. They buy an insurance policy to cover the prize. I suspect they paid between 5 - 10% of the prize for the premium.

The ins company will have a bunch of warranties that come into play regarding who is eligible etc. The TTA can decide if they want to restrict the eligibility for the prize or not. If they keep it "open" only those eligible on the policy will be covered, the TTA will cover the rest.

Tom

5. 525 KID

525 KID TS Member

I THINK DALTON JENNINGS WAS AN OLYMPIC SHOOTER AS WELL????

6. B525SPtng

B525SPtng TS Member

Not quite I got my start in Turkyshooting then I made the move into Trap. Eventually I would like to go try some international trap but the closest place is in either Oklahoma or San Antonio long drive just to go try something new. I wouldn’t make a good Olympic shooter anyway I never get the gun in the same place when I have time to right now. I can’t imagine what would happen when I have to raise the gun after I see the target LOL.

Dalton Jennings (Wayne Jennings)

7. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Insurance on 100 straight in Hdcp is usually around $800 to $1200 seems to be a good bargin.

8. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

There's another chance being planned for the Fort Worth Shoot in October. Jimmy Borum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.