1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TS.com Site recommendations

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what MIA has said!

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

NOOOOOOOOO-- dont agree-- I think you have to be accountable for your posts

I like when someone deletes a post that it says DELETED= keep their name and deleted their

Or- dont let them delete at all

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I agree with Gene.

Bo

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I like the "Deleted Message" feature. It can show who has a major history of deletions. When your an adult you should be held accountable for your words and actions and when you always find a need to delete what you say goes to show your not one of those accountable adults.

Now if there was a "no archive" feature that could be instituted as in ... when you post you could check a box to automaticly have your message deleted after say 10 days and have this feature not show "Message Deleted" but when you physically delete your messages then have the "Message Deleted" post made.

This would still show a history of those who speak to attack but then delete to hide but let those who do not post attacks or mean spirited and bigoted things to not be lumped into the bad category of posters.

Either way ... if we take Gordy as an example ... either way he would be labeled as one of those types cause he cannot prevent himself from his attacking commentary of people who he does not like. If he took the no archive auto deletion option his post would be visible for 10 days for all the world to see before auto deletion but if he decided to just delete it the history would be made by all the "Message Deleted" posts left on TS.com.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The changes to the changes may need to be changed.

How about a big red button to hit any time someone disagrees, and the whole site gets wiped out to start over?

Sheesh.

HM

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I like the feature that you can delete "ups" and "TTT" to shorten a thread that has been in place for awhile. I do not like the deleted feature. it still leaves the thread too long. motordoc

7. Sackett

Sackett TS Member

There is no reason a person should have to delete a post. When they do it screws up the thread, especially when it itself is referred to in a later post by someone else. If you don't want people to see what you have to say then just don't reply to a thread, simple.

If everyone deleted posts then the search feature wouldn't be of much use anymore, and people do use that feature.

Something I would like to see is the ability to send private messages. Better yet an upgrade to PHPBB messageboard would fix just about any problem since it is a tried and true forum with many features not available here- I know all you old farts that have a hard time turning a computer on would squeal like stuck pigs if that were ever to happen. I do not come here much anymore since most intelligent posters have moved on and left the few diehard model T(one owner) drivers to exchange punches with the liberals that have taken up residence here.

8. Sackett

Sackett TS Member

DB Bill, wouldn't be more beneficial to just reply to the for sale thread with a "sold", that way people can see what sells? Archives are there for us to go back and find bits of information instead of starting yet another "is 7 1/2 shot better than 8 shot" threads.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Geez! The Lumper could have said that in one paragraph!

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

I can edit it down to just one paragraph if you desire ... heck I could even edit it to a long run on sentence if you desire that as well. I could even "Message Deleted" it as well but I would prefer not to. ;-))

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The new set up does one thing that's a bit of a eye roller to me. If I contribute to a thread, submit my message, the list of available threads comes up automatically. If I then search for a thread I care to open, read what I care to read, and click on the "go back" button on my browser, I get a message that asks if I really want to re-send the last page. If I give it the go ahead, I've just re-submitted my previous contribution. To avoid that, for that one instance, I have to click on TS.Com as if starting over to return to the list of threads. I'm guessing this may be a dilemma with OS X in Macintosh-speak but it wasn't that way before and I do miss the old, faster way. I DO think messages deleted by the moderator should show that but when I want my message to go away because of a miscue, I'd rather it disappeared; however I understand the reason for the way it is. The rest I can be OK with....Bob Dodd

12. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"There is no reason a person should have to delete a post. When they do it screws up the thread, especially when it itself is referred to in a later post by someone else. If you don't want people to see what you have to say then just don't reply to a thread, simple."</I>

Not true. There have been a number of instances where I have posted a reply to a first post that was later deleted for some reason. That leaves my post hanging there pointing at nothing. I then deleted my lone reply to get rid of the thread. But I agree that there is no constructive reason for inserting a "placeholder" to mark the location of a deleted post.

Reasoning like "If you don't want people to see what you have to say then just don't reply to a thread." is childish. If someone responds to a post then rethinks their action, there's no valid reason they should not be able to withdraw their reply so it doesn't escalate the exchange into a similarly-childish sparing match.

Morgan

13. david

david Member

I have implemented a change where the deleted messages are not displayed unless you click the link at the start of the thread to display deleted messages.

Bdodd, try the no frames version to see if the back problem occurs or not.

David

14. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Something else I'd suggest is that the "Delete All My Postings" clickable be moved to the other side of the page or to somewhere where somebody (such as me) won't inadvertently click on it trying to get back to the main page.

It makes me nervous sitting there under my return ticket.

Morgan

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Thanks David, I'll giv'r try now....Bob Dodd

16. ccridr

ccridr Member

I would like every one to have to use thier real name so they are accountable for what they say in a post, instead of running thier mouth hidding behind a key board.
    Colby

17. ccridr

ccridr Member

I would like every for sale ad to be required to have a price and location included in the ad.
    Colby

18. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

Colby...Some agree with you and some do not. The comments could get pretty boring if everyone had to 'fess up.

P Stagg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.