1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TS.com custom 391 (in Process)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Had my hands on a wonderful 391 with a fixed rib moneymaker bbl a couple of months back. But I did not have a release for it and could not shoot it. I really liked it and wanted it for a winter play gun, but sent it to Illinois for a young lady to shoot. I woudl have lieked to keep it, but I deferred to the buyer's interest. A few days later Old one eye sent me a brandy-new release.

Then along comes a same bbl and I was able to buy that, and then I bought a action complete from Brad (bad303?) and I bought that, and then I had a sporting stock that none of you want to buy, and so I bought a hi-grade (real wood) Beretta paralell stock from Kurt na dJohn at Great Lakes Sporting, and now the wood is in TRON's capable hands to make the stock adjustable. Now I know the trigger will b etoo slow fo rme so it is on the way to Phillip Crenwelge (Phillip's Gunsmithing) to be made faster and adjustable. The gun is still in parts as TRON has the stock andmakeing that 4 way, Phillip the trigger and me with the action and bbl. Here is the project in pieces.

The metal

mia_2008_03036.jpg
    and here is the stock that will go on the metal.

mia_2008_03039.jpg
    Why this image is washed out must have to do with the colors in thepicture. But trust me the stock is hi class.

I'll get more pics up as they come available

2. chuckles

chuckles Member

The project has potential, if you need that Bolt Jewelled I charge $30.00...

Won't shoot any better but sure looks nice, adds a touch of Class.

PM me if interested...

Chas

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Nice pieces. Look forward to tracking this project.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I really love the grain in that wood. I know you are excited but maybe you should have waited a bit before posting pics of your project.

Now once it's complete shoot it for a while before you let someone talk you out of it. Have fun.

Don

5. JACK

Don. points taken.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Dang Jack i did not know you were going to ruin that receiver with some carnival barrel. tic

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jack..... I see some fun in your future shooting here... Dan

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jack, doesn't your trophy wife get pissed about the sales rack on the deck all the time?

You'll have fun with that soft shooter. Let me know how trigger works out. I need one done too.

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Beautiful project. A couple of years go, I picked up an old school "Wendell Schroll-Special" Beretta 390 that he used to have made up and sold. Remember those? So sweet, a G squared stock with a soft comb, a high ribbed money maker 32" barrel with choke tubes, and the improved bolt release and bolt closer buttons. Shoots like an airgun. Just happened to get a great price on that gun and couldn't resist for old times sake. That gun will come out light, soft shooting, and just be a whole lot of fun to shoot.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Jack have you lost your mind who would do such a thing. The purists will have you drawn and quartered I hide mine only bring it out at night.
    oldoneeye_2008_03033.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030317.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_03034.jpg

11. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Old one eye,

Is yours a 390 or a 391?

Who did the stock?

Thanks in advance

Phil Santos

xxx623xx340xx6842xx cel

12. JACK

Buddy. Mine will be togethr by Wednesday. NOt finished but we'll all know then what I got into. Joe (TRON) send stock out today. But Phil has trigger and is working th ePA shoot.

13. JACK

Buddy... I forgot. He is working on the Bowen I bought from you!

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

My gun is a 303 with a 32 inch fixed full choke the stock is a custom made Fajen which I had made with a adjustable comb with longer pins to get high enough to match the rib height of 1 inch. I have not shot this gun but once since completing the gun as I have been working on other guns I am trying to complete before going out west. Buddy

15. rebelace

rebelace TS Member

is it 4 sale

16. JACK

no.
    mia_2008_030390.jpg

mia_2008_030391.jpg

Well, school is out on this gun. Pluses and minuses. Trigger is just outstanding. Crenwelge set the release to about 65/35 with no hesitaion and the best conficence set/clikc you can imagine. Wonderful job Phil. Same mental coordiantin as my Allems.

Biggest problem I had was short time tody and no time to go to the pattern board to see where it shoots. Too, the stainless forend cap is too heavy and the bbl does not want to stay in the target. But all-in-all a good first day. Usually tho, I pattern the gun and set the comb. I did not do that as I was... uh... Involved in other endeavors.

But a nice gun.

17. JACK

More to follow in days to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.