1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ts.com/ computer question????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Something I haven't been able to figure out. At the bottom of a post it says email this thread. When I try to do it I get a popup that says something to the effect, your email is not conformed to perform this function. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. Never had any luck. Any help out there? Thanks Rich Strickland

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I just tried both the email links and it brings up the Microsoft Office Outlook email page with a link in the message field. Do you have Outlook or a similar program on your computer?

Eric

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You most likely are running Windows 7 and not using one of their mailing programs (a pain in the butt) as you can't use a yahoo or whatever email address.

You can do as stated in the posting above (check TOOLS - PROGRAMS in the menu bar) or...

A simple and quick way is to install the Google toolbar. I use it with a gmail address but configured it for my regular email account. This will allow you to click on an email address and your Google email account will open. A plus is you also get a spell checker and translator and other goodies if you wish.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rich, Best guess is that your seurity is not allowing the pop up. You can change the settings or simply hit the control key to allow it

5. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Mozilla Thunderbird preferred over Google or its toolbar. Can install Thunderbird alone; no need to get involved with Google just to get email.

Mike K

6. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Let's not assume everybody runs windows.

If you're running linux with firefox:

Create a Script called /usr/local/bin/mailto.sh with Content:

#!/bin/sh

# mailto.sh

exec [yourmailprogram] --compose "$1"

Make it executable:

$ chmod +x /usr/local/bin/mailto.sh

In firefox, Type

about:config

in the Firefox URL-Field. Check that "network.protocol-handler.external.mailto"
    is set to "true"

. Check if there is a setting called

"network.protocol-handler.app.mailto"

. If not make a new one

String

. Set the Value to

/path/to/mailto.sh

Simple as pie !

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Highlight and save the message then paste it in an e-mail and send. Sure easier than trying to confuse myself anyway.....breakemall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.