1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TS.Com Cartoonist down for awhile-Philipbar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by puablo, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

May be awhile for some cartoons as my computer/printer has some problems...maybe someone has some advice for a computer illiterate...a new HP all-in-one printer/scanner no longer works. After contacting a technician, possible problem is USB cable port may need updating or replacement.
    He came to this decision because my printer usb port will not show up on the computer.
    My question is am I better off to just buy a cheap laptop, update the cable port(whatever that means), take the pc tower to a technician and get the ports checked out, or what?
    My printer will make copies, but it will not print. The scanner no longer even shows up as being installed. I never un-installed it. All was working fine. I noticed this taking place after downloading some pictures in Kodak instant share deal.
    Thanks for any advice,
    puablo

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Assuming you are running Windows XP, head to Control Panel, and/or Printers & Faxes. Uninstall the printer in question, then reboot and it should look for and recognize the printer again... make sure the printer is on B4 you reboot.

There are some other possibilities... it should not matter if it's USB 1.0, or 2.0 really.

It could also be that a new driver is available through HP, but then they would have told you in your contact with them.

If you are using VISTA, then there is the problem. VISATA will not recognize some of the older (like 2 years older) printers. This is ONE of many problems with VISTA and why many businesses are not making the switch to it.

I could do this better through direct email...

Whiz White

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

WHAT ????...Down time !! What is that ??? There's no down time in this day and age !! What kind of an operation are you running up there in the Hudson Valley??
    Is this just some cheap diversion to get some time off?? Absolutely OUT OF THE QUESTION.........GET TO WORK !!!...........Uncle Sam, Penna.

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Hey, Uncle ole buddy! How are you??? You just about got it right....you goin to NYS or to the Eastern Zone? Hope to be there. puablo

5. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Will you be farming out your cartooning enterprise to Tron during the downtime?

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Tron's the main man! I know I can count on him.

7. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

check default setting. jk.

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

sounds pretty good EB, let you know for sure when I see you Tues. puablo

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

All's well in computer land now! Thanks to Whiz and all the other folks, puablo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.