1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TS.COM ~~ ANOTHER EBAY~~

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GW22, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

So? Your whining sounds like winter or a sign of the times. Use Category View and ignore whatever you don't want to look at.

-Gary

2. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

The nice thing about TSC is that MOST buyers and sellers are good, honest, gun people...NOT some ebay person that doesn't know diddly about guns and uses a lot of WOWs in their description...Thank You TSC......WC

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many things you have purchased or sold on here!

4. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I love that the individuals who frequent TS.COM share a lot of the same hobbies that I do and I can find good deals on a lot of items here. I have a great deal of trust in the people who frequent this site and it has allowed me to buy and sell with piece of mind. I always check TS.com before I buy new.

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I am very glad we can buy and sell on this site. I do wish it would be totally limited to guns and related gear. I have dealth with some really great people on this site.

6. msmith

msmith Member

I have made some very nice purchases on here and I mainly shoot skeet. I am sure its made a few trapshooters happy. Mike

7. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

Another Ebay, Hardly! Just one the great features of TS.com and other forums on the WWW.

Sportalluring

8. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

As a relative newbie to TS.com I like reading topics about a hobby I enjoy and a place to buy and sell related items. The only thing about being new here is that there is no rating system for people that buy and sell on here like Ebay, Astromart (astronomy related) or Gunbroker, etc. which I frequently use buying and selling items. With the high monetary value of some of the items here, it would be nice to see how other members rate each others transactions. As I'm sure members here would be hesitant on Ebay to purchase items for thousands of dollars from members with no rating history, it gives one pause on this site to do the same.

9. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

BigDave: I doubt you'll find anyone on here who would screw you on any high dollar purchase, or a $20 doodad for that matter. Most everybody here selling anything of significant value is well known, and also they know they would be completely ostracized in a matter of minutes if they didn't make good. People want to be here for these reasons. This is a place where integraty still matters, and one of the damn few left I'm affraid.

Reputation is best garnered by word of mouth. Any one can post a negative comment on Ebay even if it is not true it is still there to influence future buyers. By word of mouth, BS dies faster.

This website is by far and away the most ethical place I have been to bar none.

If I was going to buy a $7000 K gun I am absolutely sure that it would be exactly as advertised or better. Most everybody dealing in this type of transaction has a NO BS inspection/return policy, and all it would cost you to back out is the shipping. That's way better than most individuals on Gunbroker or GunsAmerica will do.

I have bought no less than 20 items off this site and never had any problem with any transaction or product bought. I can't say the same or even close for Ebay. and I won't even deal with a Craigs lister, way too many flakes there.

This is a place were everybody just acts right, when it comes to selling stuff of course.

That being said I'll probably get my ass burned good on the next one!

NAH!!!

Randy.

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I got almost burned once. Purchased an air rifle from some drug head nitwit from Texas. Sent money and he disappeared. Fortunately, with the help of our fellow trapshooters on here and his concerned sister all was resolved.

I've purchased a few items on here and sold plenty. I'm always willing to offer what I feel is good stuff on here first, sell it in the shop next-then off to GunBroker or eBay last!!

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I too have had many transactions on this site ranging from $10 to $500 and have been happy with most of them. The only bad deal I got was a Mod.12 take down manual that was nothing more than an unreadable stack of Xerox copies. I kept it anyway for a reminder. Also, today I made another purchase of over $200. Like I said, this is a great place to "shop". I hope everyone who makes a sale on here remembers to send a few dollars to David. Larry Evans

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I buy stuff I need here cheap and I sell stuff here that I don't need cheap. Great community, both buyers and seller.

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I have bought and sold on this forum too many times to count. I have had nothing but the best transactions both ways. I like doing business with my fellow shooters as it reminds me of a time when a man's word meant something. I for one like that!

We do a good job of taking care of each other and weeding out those who are not up to snuff.

ss

14. k3uro

k3uro Member

Please do not change the format.

I have never had a real problem with anyone on this site.

Take care,

Jim

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Far far far from an Ebay. I have sold quite a few shooting related items here. I have also bought several items as well. I'll be it my items were not near the value of some items bought/sold here but all were pleasant dealings. I feel more safe in buying/selling here than about anywhere else on the net.

Matt

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I generally won't buy anything from anybody I can't look in the eye while I'm doing it. That being said, I'm curious about something;<blockquote><I>"The nice thing about TSC is that MOST buyers and sellers are good, honest, gun people..."

"I feel more safe in buying/selling here than about anywhere else on the net." </I></blockquote>...why do people want to believe that a stranger will be honest and fair just because they're all involved in the same activity? Can't dishonest unfair people do the same things you do?

MK

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MK--I said nothing about strangers. I don't consider my TS.COM brothers/sisters strangers. Just because i have not met them all personally, does not make them strangers. At least in my book. This still does not gurarantee i wouldn't get burned. I do believe if you burn someone here, you will likely regret it. Most if not all are known personally by someone here. I feel like we or at least most of us stick together here for the good of all who particpate.

Matt

18. emm2

emm2 Member

unknown1, if you can't trust a fellow shooter who can you trust?

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Parts for an AL-2 are headed my way from ACSS...

Thanks ts.com and this isn't EBAY Bernie...

FRedmon

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Somebody is challenging Tron to a troll fest.

The gauntlet has been thrown!

(Or maybe bait.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.