1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TS 1000 Ponsness Warren??? Anybody know it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi guys, I have a chance to pick up a PW TS 1000 for 450 bucks. I don't know much about PW's. Is this the latest greatest from PW or is there a better loader from PW available? What do you think of the price?Jeff

2. d endicott

d endicott Member

Jeff I believe it is a LS 1000 and that is not a bad price if it is in good shape.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Contact Jim "Whiz" White @ S&W Supply.

He is the man on PW's

Don

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

You can also check them out at www.reloaders.com.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jeff, I have been using a Platinum 2000 for several years, greta loader, well worth the money

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

The 1000 is their version to load steel shot

Bill

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Nipper, That is what the guy was using it for. Is there any reason that this loader won't work equally well for lead? I think you guys are correct. I will call Whiz. If anybody will know the specifics it will be him. Jeff

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I called and talked to Jim and he was able to help me with all my questions. If you are interested in a PW loader you couldn't do better then to buy it from Jim( Whiz) White. Jeff

9. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" I called and talked to Jim and he was able to help me with all my questions. "

So... can a loader built to load steel shot be used to load lead?

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

yes it can but the benefits of a Platunum 2000 far outweight the minimal cost savings. Jeff

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

First off, a new one retails for $749.95, so the $450 is a "deal" IF, IF I repeat, this is what you need.

The L/S-1000 is a modified version of the 950, (a now obsolete model). In lieu of the near-full-length (NFL) dies in all their present models, the L/S uses the short "shell-holder" style. These are the 1" black resizers, not dies. The is referred to as the SHELL HOLDER version, but it is been discontinued in other models. I was never a fan of this model, and even owned a 950 when they first came out.

It's enticement, for the lack of a better word, was that at station #8, the final shell knockout station, the shell literally fell out of the shell holder, and out of the reloader. Zero effort was necessary to eject a completed shell. That was in my opinion the ONLY advantage; the shells rattled in the turret during the reloading process and I never liked that.

This machine is similar to the Platinum 2000 in that it uses the center shaft for indexing. It has an aluminum turret (cylinder, as I call it), a preferred piece in my opinion, and is taller to accommodate 3" 12 gauge shells, or 3½" 10 gauge shells.

They are listed in the present catalog at $749.95 for either the 12 or 10 gauges... $100 more than the 800 Plus (my favorite), or the Platinum 2000.

To permit reloading steel shot, the reservoir base has a hardened steel drop plate inserted in a milled slot. The newest models have the die removal system and the externally adjustable brass primer seating assembly. It does NOT include the EZ-Fill Hopper system because of the need for a metal reservoir which the hardened steel drop plate is incorporated. The EZ-Fill's base is black plastic, which I can supply in a retro-fit in aluminum.

This probably has you really confused now, and I apologize if I have done so, but this was the crux of m phone conversation today with the gentleman above.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.