1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trying to sort out All-American points system

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just tired today. Bored anyway.
    When reviewing the scores for the GLG I noticed specifically in event #17 where shooters with lower scores (ex: Stafford AAA RU 97) scored 28 total AA pts, yet higher scores (ex: Hamilton AA 99) scored only 8 AA pts.

I know there must be a simple explanation, (other than the rule book!! lol)

Thanks in advance

Jim

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think that for men's points, the ones associated with class only apply to the top (available) class.

Neil

3. BigM-Perazzi

Yes, this was doubles, event 17.
    That's what I found interesting though, a lower score garnering higher points for being in AAA. yet, the 2nd highest score shot, in a lower class, got minimal points... just seemed a strange circumstance...

AHHHAAA.... look what I found....

AA requirements

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I scored points for singles and and the Nitro 27 at the GLG but did not recieve any for my HOA AA class ?

Shannon Mayes

5. BigM-Perazzi

You need to check the ATA shooter information site.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The ATA shooters site is where I viewed this info.

7. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

What about when you are a special category shooter (junior, lady, vet, sr. vet, etc.), and you travel out of state and compete in another state's State Shoot. You shoot all of the program, and there is not an Out of State trophy for your category for the HAA or the HOA. If you are not THE winner, you don't get any points for your category wins to help you towards making the All-American team in your category. I don't care if the other states don't give you a trophy, but they should at least acknowledge the win to help the category shooters. This may also justify to the shooters one more reason to travel to other states and shoot the entire program. Am I wrong for thinking this?

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

The object is to select the best shooters. The best shooters are AAA shooters. Trophy points go to the event winner and places; and then also to winners in the highest class only. I suppose this is because there aren't many place trophies awarded in singles or doubles at even large shoots, and it makes sense that usually the next best scores come from the best Class at the shoot, so they extended it to winners in that Class. Yes, sometimes a lower Class winner will have a higher score than the highest Class winner, but overall, the men's team won't have any lower Class shooters on it, it wouln't make sense.

Shannon - there are no trophy points for winning AA HOA if there was a AAA trophy at the shoot.

Look at it this way, everyone gets their score points, but if you want trophy points, you have to win a trophy in the best class at the shoot, or win or place in the event.

9. BigM-Perazzi

It just seems surprising that you could shoot 100 (for ex:) lose the shootoff for hoa and runnerup, revert to class (less than AAA) and get little in return. Yet an AAA shooter can shoot 97, win his class and outscore you in points.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.