1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to find a - Loaner Shotgun Form - example

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I'm trying to find an example form that clubs use when they loan out shotguns. Our club is going to make some loaners available and the board is asking for examples of what other clubs are doing. I searched on the internet but nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just print out a liability waiver from the web and have each one leave their drivers license until they bring it back

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Roger

It depends on how you phrase your search. I Googled the phrase "loaner shotgun waiver" and got several hits. The link above comes pretty close to a basic waiver, which you can use as a start and modify. It's at the bottom of the page.

Bill Radwan

4. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thanks Guys

I still would like to see something about returning the gun in the condition it was received. Anyone have or use anything like that?

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You may want to read the following newspaper article from Orlando, FL, with regards to the loaning or rental of a firearm. You may also want to check with your federal, state, and local authorities.

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING, Please DO NOT watch the video attached to this piece. It can be very disturbing. I did not watch it, but through reading the comments at the end, they will tell you what's on it.

You have been warned.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-marie-moore-shooting-video-040709,0,199030.story

6. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

Didn't a mental case lady just shoot her son in the back of the head before putting the gun into her mouth and blasting her own brains out on a public indoor range in Florida and she did this all with a rental gun from the range?

If you dont know and trust the person enough to be able to hand them your gun without making them fill out a form then you should NOT be loaning or renting them a gun.

How would you feel, even if you had the most perfect form in the world if the person you really do not know took your loaned/rented gun and blasted themselves or somebody else with it because of some sort of wacked out mental condition you know nothing about ... best not to rent/loan them a gun and if you decide to anyway you should be standing right there with them and your gun.

If this is for liability issues and such with your club or local range I would suggest you call your insurance agent on your clubs policy and ask them for the form ... but they will probably tell you that your not covered for that and if you are they will most likely have the forms to protect them from any claim if a problem arises.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What article, where?

Eric

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, here it is....click the link above.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-marie-moore-shooting-video-040709,0,199030.story

I'll also edit it into my original post.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.