1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tryed promo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Will i tred promo 1oz gun club 17.7 gr win 209 drtgt12 wad . 16 yards smoked the targets 24 missed my 23 target rised my head . Tryed them from the 21 yard line 23 good hard hits 2 got away shot over the top .8 shot eagle .It is a little dirty but i shot a 90t so no big deal to clean.

2. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Sir, if there was a point to your thread and post, I've missed it.

3. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

My point is alot of people are trying promo it is nice to hear what load they are trying and how it worked for them .

4. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

nailer, Glad it worked out for you. I was thinking about trying some myself.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I switched to Promo for Singles and Doubles loads and it is working well for me. The only problem was the first batch of reloads had a heavier powder drop than I wanted and I cut back on subsequent batches. Be very careful to weigh the powder charges of any new jug of Promo.

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I've been using Promo for several years and it works just fine- it throws shot out the end of the barrel just as good as any other powder. That's about all you can expect from any gunpowder.

I guess all the talk about how many targets you missed made me think that was the purpose of the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.