1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TruOil uses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

While poking around the far recesses of my reloading bench I found a bottle of Tru Oil. It surely belonged to my father which means is must be at least 40 years old. The liquid,however, appears stable.

I'm assuming it won't have any practical use on gun stocks that have a polyurethane finish - but should I consider using it on the shotgun stocks that I have with an "oil" finish.

What are the uses, benefits, drawbacks, applicability, etc ? Re: the positive benefits should I be concerned using it since it has considerable age ?

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

An unopened bottle, 40 yrs old, may be worth something to a collector....just a thought.

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I keep a bottle around and use it to repair small blemishes on a number of different finishes even polyurethane. It will dry to a gloss finish if built up. It is very versatile and will make a nice "hand rubbed" finish if applied in that manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to use truoil