1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

True Grit - Matt Damon (really?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Oh, cripes... it's a movie....

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Forget Matt Damon, it's the Coen Brothers you need to be leery about. After their "F-You" ending in No Country For Old Men, I swore I'd never pay to see another movie of theirs.

-Gary

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Saw the movie yesterday AM, excellent IMO...

A little long winded 1st half then picks up nicely 2nd half of movie...

Matt Damond excellent as the Texas Ranger (politics aside).

Jeff Bridges is a very credible Rooster Cogburn...

Josh Brolin very good as Tom Cheney...

Don't remember who played Mattie but she was very good...

Solid 3 out of 4 stars from me...

Chas.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I can not stomach hypocrit actors who spew the anti-gun BS, then use guns in their movies and profit from it personally.

If Matt Damon is anti gun, he should refuse to do a movie that has a gun in it.

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Saw it last night-pretty good

7. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

You'd be surprized at just how many of the action movie stars are anti-gunners..makes me sick. One that surprized me was Henry Winkler(The Fonz), how'd could the The Fonz be anti gun?

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nobody-Nobody can replace the Duke. Charlie Henderson

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The Fonz has a lot of crazy ideas if my memory serves me correctly. Kinda like Tom Cruise? Who would have thunk it? Bill

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I personally don't see why this movie needed to be made. How could you ever top the Duke?

It is frankly pretty appalling to me how the Hollywood Set can be anti gun. they use guns in their movies,they are trained literally for months in gun handling.

I know for a FACT that Brad and Angelina have a substantial gun collection because I know the guy they get them thru. And it would surprise you the ease that they, because of their postion, can get guns you and I would never even get to hold.

Henry Winkler I can understand, HE is a New York city liberal.

By the same token there are many Hollywood types that are very progun but just don't choose to broadcast it.

I'll see the movie but not til it comes out on Video. Very few movies we'll pay $10 to see. We do have a new movie house in Thousand Oaks that is a really cool movie experience. It costs $20 to get in but the seats are almost big enough for 2, there is a drink table between them, it is steep enough so you never have anyone in front of you, you get free popcorn, and a coke, you can buy Mixed Drinks, Beer and Wine to drink during the movie, and there is a restaurant in the theater you can eat at. The screen is beyond huge. This place is great when you wnat to see something bigger than life like Clash of the Titans, or Starwars type movies. For regular BS movies, it's DVD's at home from my Lazy boy in front of the Big screen (gettin' a new one next week! after christmas sales, woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Merry Christmas to all. hope you have a great day. Hopefully we can all go shooting tomarrow.

Randy

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

No reason for anyone to support the Hollywood nut jobs. Why watch any movie they make? Mnay better things to do. They don't and won't get my support.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They have run out of ideas that can be original and worthwhile. Even the bloke that plays James Bond is anti-gun. Like many,,,,they will do anything for a buck.

13. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

The regular utilization of firearms by the "Anti Gun" movie stars in their movies, shows the true depth of their conviction. Can you say counterfeit?

14. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I will repeat from another posters: "crap, its just a movie"

15. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

A quick visit to the Gun Owner's of America web site shows many, many of the Hollywood stars who owe a good part of their fame to the use of guns in their films to have lent their names to anti-gun organizations, and some are even on the board of HCI, Handgun Control INC.

A few: Josh Brolin, Beau Bridges, Steve Buscemi, George Clooney, Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Matt Damon, Louis Gossett, JR, Mark Harmon, Paul Newman, Jack Nicholson, Gregory Peck, Robert Redford, Bruce Springsteen, Sylvester Stallone, Eli Wallach, and Ah-NULD.

Glad to see three of my faves not on list: Sam Elliott, Chuck Norris, and Tom Selleck.

Think I'll do the same here as I do with politicians...vote at the box office.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They do however hire armed security.

17. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I here its a pretty good movie.

who cares about movie actor politics

No Country of Old Men is a great movie.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jeff Bridges did an awesome job of acting the part of Rooster. Very believable and effortless accent and period dialect, where the others appeared forced.

19. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Glad old curvy put her stamp of approval on it! Now I can watch it knowing it is good! Tom Rhoads

20. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

The "Duke" was Canadian wasn't he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.