1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

True colors shining through?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wow........

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

YUP

I have big issues with people F-in with my wage and job.....

Looks like a justifed reaction.

GS

3. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

the reporter didn't mess with anyone's wage or job. the people of michigan voted. the union lost the vote. the vulgar union thugs then acted like they always do when democracy didn't go the way they wanted. milt luther

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Typical union goon actions. How civilized!

5. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I work in a non union shop. a few guys have "Union Yes" bumper stickers on their trucks.

The trucks are fine.

Can you imagine if you drove a truck to a union jobsite with a "Union No" bumper sticker.

You'd have to walk home.

6. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

Unions are great, they told me if i dont picket that they would break my wifes legs and burn my house down, (im not talking about crossing the picket line, it was if i didnt join it!)
    I did not bow down and picket, luckily no one had to find out if they can run 1100f.p.s. at my home.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

More of your brothers at work lakey???????

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Karl Marx indoctrination at its finest, just happened to get caught on tape.

its better said, "Don't mess with my entitlements"

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"justified reaction"...........enter the tent with ski masks on, knock over the tables with the large hot coffee urns, cut the ropes and collapse the tent on top of the guy in the wheelchair and the women.

Midalake, you are pretty low on the totem pole if you feel that way.

Just a little under a garden slug, in my opinion. How is allowing someone to work without having union dues forced from them affecting your wages or your job?

Most yoopers are smarter.

HM

10. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

This whole "right to work" thing is crap! You want the union job, the union benefits, the protections afforded you by working a union job, yet you don't want to pay dues? Horseshit!! As is said so many times on here, if you don't like the way the job is run, quit and find another one. Oh. I forgot. The union job is the one with good pay,and benefits, and the protection of a contract, and people to argue your case with management in case of a dispute, but you are either brainwashed or too damn cheap to pay dues to keep those good things flowing your way. Right to work is greasing the skids in a race to the bottom, and if the working people can't see this, they need their heads read. In times of record corporate profits, corporate tax cuts, and the resulting loss of revenue to government being made up by hidden and overt taxes on working people, or as in the case of the USA, record national debt to be paid off by future generations, and a vanishing middle class, you would think that working people would be wanting to strengthen their position by belonging to a union. The loss of good paying manufacturing jobs from corporations moving their production offshore to maximize their profits should be of concern to everyone, but all I hear on here is "It's the fault of the unions." Bullshit!! If an efficiently run corporation has to move production offshore to remain profitable, they are probably going out of business soon, anyway, because if they aren't making money producing goods in North America, and providing wages to their employees to buy their product, how much product will they sell if nobody has a good paying job to earn the money to buy said product. You never see prices fall after a company moves their production facility offshore, nor after disposing of a union in the workplace. "Right to work" is just code for "Screw'em! We need more executive pay and bonuses!"

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The union thugs remind me of the SA Brownshirts.

What's next? Krystalnacht?

12. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

"Right to work is greasing the skids in a race to the bottom"

A fricken men

GS

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Goober Smoocher midacreek is such a tough guy. Yikey yikes. My knees are shaking.

14. drgondog

drgondog Member

@shooting sailor - your comments have a thread of fact through the narrative.

A couple of points:
    In a recession companies (painfully) trim back, including execs, middle mgmnt, union, non union to keep making profits to kepp from closing down or selling off. Record profits (when those few companies make them) are not because sales have increased, just the opposite. Its because the expenses and capital investment for the future are reduced. Survive today but suffer two years from now because you are less competitive.

Second point:
    GM, Chrysler, Ford, GE, Boeing, John Deere, etc go offshore for two reasons - to grow the company's market share in those countries, and to be able to sell their products without huge taxation as most countries REDUCE taxes for manufacturing to incent them to come in - unlike our country. In the case of China (and Yes Chrysler WAS talking about Jeep mfg there ands those talks are still going on) and India - the skills are high and the labor low - and not so much concerned about the environment - which is why GE is building the toxic 'green' lightbulbs there while shutting down NC.

Third point:
    There is a threshold of pain with respect to Cost of Goods Sold with respect to raw materials and labor-----> so automate and change/innovate material qualities when you can, and either just say No to further demands from the unions or move or go out of business because you can't compete any more status quo.

Last point:
    Taking cash out of divedend pool, or re-investment in capital equipment to feed unfunded liabilities toward Pension Plans for unions versus 'pay as you go' with non-union pension/investment plans has a graveyard spiral effect on the future of the company and it's ability to compete.

You may want to consider another effect of the huge deficit run up during this administration and the custody of a Democrat Congress that won't pass a budget or solve the entitlement issues for the future. You may have noticed that China is buying our companies, cutting exclusive energy deals with Canada, and massively expanding their Military - ON OUR INTEREST PAYMENTS to them. Yes, elections have consequences and most of us will see them in a way not anticipated when you pulled "Democrat' lever on November 6.

We stay competitive in software development because we hire or contract offshore Indian PhD's, from an educational system that graduates more PhD in science than we graduate in all the Master/Doctorate levels combined - and they work well at 1/2 the cost of our snot nosed grads who want stock options and a six figure income day after getting their BS (with crappy grades).

We are able to sell 777, 787 Boeings against Euro government subsidized Airbus because Boing subcontracts sub assemblies in countries that will purchase Boeing products. That keeps Renton alive but recent events illustrate that Boeing has fornicated with the unions more than they can enjoy - and moved a major plant to a Right to Work state.

Those are the dynamics. A beautiful but aging Ho can command $500/night but can't get any takers at $750 because the customer was willing to pay $500 when he could go offshore for $350 - but can't handle the next demand.

The Unions and the Ho are confronted with the same dilemma.

Regards.

Bill the Curmudgeon

15. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Hey Midaflake,

The law in Michigan has got NOT ONE thing to do with your wages or job. You can still belong to the gooney union if you want to belong. I only gives the employee the option of not joining as a condition of employment. For the life of me, I can't figure out how you or anyone else would want to be a part of a dictatorial union where you don't have any rights to vote any higher than your shop steward. All the while they are telling you what is good for you. Seems to me that you and lots of other people aren't capable of making any decisions that affect your life. You will tell me what a jerk I am and how wrong I am-- but at the same time you are having the union tell you what to do and say. And, You don't even get a say in who those people are that are going to run your life.

Secondly; if you would pay a little attention (if you are capable) to the situation before you open your pie hole you just might get an education. The situation in MIchigan is this; Thousands and I mean thousands, of good jobs just up and left for good because of unions. Namely Phizer Drug Company. Volkswagen of America, and the list goes on. All under the last DEMOCRATIC pro union Governor-- Jennifer Granholm. They all relocated to RTW states and are thriving. Same wage scale too.

Thirdly; in your education you should learn that the union membership in Michigan overall is a WHOPPING 17%.

Fourthly; If you want to continue your education, come to Detroit. I'll personnaly show you around the city and you can see for yourdself what the Democrats and the unions have done here for the last 40 years. Crap, I think we could even find a unionized worker sleeping or drinking on the job. So take all your stupid arguments elsewhere, I have lived here all my life 61 years and have seen first hand what goes on with the union BS. I WAS even a union member before I got wise.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.