1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Truck Vault

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AAtrap12ga, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

Does anyone have plans (or pictures) for a home built version of a Truck Vault? I have seen what looks like wooden copies in the back of SUV's and pickup trucks and they were both good looking and very functional. My preference would be a two draw style. Thanks.....

Steve Szczechura Pelham, NH

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

This is my version of a homemade truck organizer... fit to a Ford Explorer.

1/2" plywood top and bottom, 1x6 outside pieces, 2x6 inner pieces. Menards trunk carpet, contact cement, short deck screws, a piece of piano hinge and support bracket... under $50 and a weekend project.

PM with questions,

Jay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the above photo, in the left bay, I have a piece of hardboard carpeted on top - smooth side slides very easy on carpet and incorporates a cleat at the end - used for cases of shells instead of another gun case - easy to retrieve cases that have slid far forward...

6" nominal width lumber works well to provide just enough height for a gun case, 12 gauge shell cases, etc...

Jay

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Here's mine:

Jeep-TrapBoxClosed.jpg

Jeep-TrapBoxAmmo.jpg

Jeep-TrapBoxOpen.jpg

Is this what you're looking for?

This was made out of one sheet of 3/4" plywood. I hinged the front part for easy access to the shells and I used 100# capacity full length drawer slides. Magnetic catches didn't offer enough strength to keep the drawer closed when I drive so, I added a simple hook to keep it all closed up as I drive.

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

Thanks for posting your pictures. I have decided to build one with my son for a little bonding time......Merry Christmas to all!

Stephen Szczechura Pelham, NH

6. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have completed the purchase of everything I will need. I am making one much like Jay's with some slightly different dimensions. I think I am going to come in around 60 bucks complete. I had to hit a auto trim shop for the material to cover it with.

Thanks to Jay for posting his pics and answering a PM from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
building plans for homemade truck vault in 2002 ford explorer
do it yourself truck gun lock
homemade truck vault
homemade truck vault for ford explorer

homemade truck vault plans

truck vault plans