1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Truck Vault questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I was looking into getting a truck vault for a little added security of my firearms. I have a camper shell on my truck, but they can be broken ito so easily. Any comments or suggestions about these?

ss

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

check out Ainley Kennels & Fabrication, Dubuque IA www.ainleykennels.com
    563-583-7615 Ron Ainley builds the BEST, & less money than Truck Vault

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Now to be the pain in your back side. I have to ask "where is your spare tire?" The reason I ask is that someone had a truck vault and their spare tire was UNDER the vault. In order to get the tire they had to unload everything even the vault to get the tire out. Not a nice thing to do when on the road with people passing by looking at what you have.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Auctioneer,

My spare resides underneath my truck in the carrier that was designed for it. You simple just crank it up and down with the tire tool.

ss

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The plastic ones are not very secur, and make sure you order the xtra long, or your trap guns won't fit.

6. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

I bought one in 1999 for a Chevy truck and transfered it to a newer model in 2006. It fit in both trucks just fine and have not had one problem with it. They are a bit pricey and depending on where you are the freight from Washington state can be a lot, but I think they are worth it. Jim Pettengill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.