1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Truck tires, opinions/recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's. They improved my truck ride and handling. I was also suprised with how good traction was in the mud and snow with such a nonaggressive thread pattern. Mine are P265/70 R18's. I don't how sizes they have available other than what i listed but i'm sure its most all truck sizes. They also look good looking tire.
    grntitan_2009_250377.jpg

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I am two years on my TOYO OPEN COUNTRY on my 3/4 GMC. Best truck tire I have had since about first pick up in 1986. Quiet tire with good rain / snow tread. Even though it says A/T, it is not a super aggressive tread and is only suited for a little mud down say a partial gravel road, etc..

You are not going bogging with this tire, but it sounds like you don't and won't and neither do I...

I am looking to put toyos on the wife's vehicle when those loud Michellins finally wear out.

3. front242

front242 Member

+1 for the Bridgestone Revo 2's. I have a set on my F-350 Dually 4x4 and they are really nice so far. Quiet and Grippy. Won't break loose in wet conditions. I tow a 5th wheel with them and they are fine. Ride and noise about 1000 times better than the BFG mud terrains I threw away but aside from gumbo mudders what tires aren't? Much quieter than BFG all terrains too.

Tim O.
    F²4²

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Revo - 2,

I had Alanzas before, and while they were great on the highway they were NOT good off road.

The Revo 2's have been great for both.

5. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

I don't like buying french but APrice is right Michelin is superior 68000 on my last set on country roads.

6. Skippyd

Skippyd Member

Can't knock the Toyo Open Country 10 ply on the 3/4 ton 4x4.One other tire to check out is the Yokohama Geolander 10 ply has a good mileage life and like the Toyo's they are not a aggressive tire
    Darrell

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I have 80,000 mi. on my Bridgestone Dueler A/T's (Non-Revo), and five years in Wisconsin. No cracking anywhere. They are however very worn and need replacing. Still see tread. I would replace them with the same, if they where not so expensive. I do not plan on keeping this truck for another 80,000 mi. though, or I would. The non-Revo A/T's where a little noisy, but I think most A/T tires are.

8. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

check out Costco for their tire selection. Also Sears when they have a sale going. They carry several of the top brands.

toyo, bridgestone and Michelin are all very good. Be sure to look for the wear rating on the side of the tire. The higher the number, the longer that they will last.....(well that is the premise).

jmho

Philip Santos
    Dodge dually with Mich on the rear and Dunlaps on the front.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

While you are shopping for tires ... take a good look at Remington tires!

They are a division of Goodyear.

10. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Michelin, michelin, michelin...How can you beat a tire that you get 80,000+ out of, and good on Michigans snowy roads.
    Bill in MI

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Toyo open country 10 ply AT. Will handle anything you can throw at them.

I have had GoodYear, Michelin, and Bridgestone and continually had flats with all of them. The Toyo is much more durable and moderately priced.

12. kenf

kenf Active Member

Goodyear Wrangler ATS, I had a set on a F150 and they wore like iron. I still had probably 10000 summer miles on the set when I traded it with 47,000 miles. I have a set on a F250 6.0 and another set to put on when those wear out. Kelly makes a very good tire. Stay away from the BF Goodrich. I had a set on a 2005 F150 and they were worn out in 25000 miles.

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I'll second the Goodyear Wrangler. Ran them on company trucks in Fl for 10 plus years. Always got around 75K miles or better. And I was carrying 2000 lbs always on those trucks. Put an average of 41K miles a year on those trucks. Keep them balanced and rotated and make sure the dealer trues them. Chevy 3/4 tons.

14. warren

warren Member

I've got a Ford F250 Dsl. 2000 and a year ago I bought a set of Michelins from Walmart got a good deal and bought a tire rotation plan for 20 bucks extra and I've had them rotated about three times Walmart sticks to their word and do it in any store I'm at. I'd do it again no regrets.

warren

15. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems like it the same as asking about which trap gun is better. It is a matter of which tires each individual has had the best luck with.

16. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

BF GOODRICH then there is michelin and everything else.
    Those Duelers are All Terrain tires and when looking for that type of tire, there is only one, the BFG KO All Terrain tire, desert, mountain, sand, snow,mud grass.
    Go to Tire Rack chart and compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.