1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Truck Seat Recliner: Where to Find?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Again, I'm using TS.com as a "go to place" for non-gunrelated information, but often for mechanical/automotive/technical advice. Thanks, lotsa well-versed people here, and I appreciate it.

I wish to source: For 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500: Any kit/bracket part on aftermarket that will let the passenger side seat (not bucket, but individual driver and passenger seats type arrangment with occasional seat in middle per factory) recline to a fully reclined position?

Has anybody been down this road? My wife gets really bored on long trips and wishes to catch a more comfortable bit of a nap via fully reclining the seat.

Thanks in advance,

David

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

You should have looked at a Ford, their seats recline

3. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

These guys might have something.

Chad

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Find in the junkyard an old 55 or 56 rambler. Their seats would fold down as flat as a bed. Just loved it in H-school days. You could alter the hinge area on the P-up (cut and weld) without too much work.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Let me play devil's advocate here a bit. There is a reason why the automakers are getting away from the reclining seats. In the event of an accident the seat belts are nearly useless as the body will submarine (slide out from underneath the belts). I understand the want for more comfort, but it'll come at the sake of safety.

ss

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

ss I agree, but she insists on taking the chance!

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Was car dealer for many years and you will not get an aftermarket company alter your seat and make them recline. To much liability. I understand your wife wanting to take the chance, but the people doing the work won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.