1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Gentry Fake "Bear Hunt"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Check out this dirtbag shamelessly killing a tame bear and pretending he's a hunter. Despicable low-lifes like Gentry help anti-hunting kooks to paint sportsmen as bad people.

-Gary

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Troy Gentry Fake

Disgusting. That wasn't hunting. No fair chase, for one. Tame animal for another. And how can he be proud of creating a lie about the whole thing in the first place?

Apparently this video was only recently released. I'll bet his career augers in after this.

From Wikipedia:

On November 27, 2006, Gentry pleaded guilty to a charge of falsely tagging a bear that was killed in a fenced enclosure as if it had been killed in the wild.[8] It had actually been killed in a three-acre enclosed area. Under the plea agreement, he agreed to pay a $15,000 fine, give up hunting, fishing and trapping in Minnesota for 5 years, and forfeit both the stuffed bear and the bow used to shoot the animal in 2004. As of Nov 9, 2010, a statement has been put up on the official Montgomery Gentry website. Troy Gentry quotes, “Four years ago I was charged for illegally tagging and taking the hide of a black bear across state lines. For that, I paid a $15,000 dollar fine, served a period of probation and gave up my rights to hunt or fish in the state of Minnesota for 5 years. At that time I apologized for the crime that I committed but failed to apologize to the public for the unethical way the bear was taken.

There's no one who feels as bad about this as I do. I have beaten myself up about this over the years. I made a mistake, a bad decision and it has been an embarrassment to both me and my family. I have learned my lesson and have paid a huge price personally and professionally. Since this happened, I know in my heart that I am a different and better person.

I am not proud of what I did and I am truly sorry.

-Troy Gentry .”[9]

The indictment stated that Lee Greenly, owner of the Minnesota Wildlife Connection in Sandstone, sold the bear to Gentry for approximately $4,650 to avoid putting the bear down for badly needed dental work. The bear was one of several animals housed by Greenly for use in his wildlife photography business. Following the sale, Gentry killed the captive tame bear, with a bow and arrow while the animal was enclosed in a three-acre enclosed area on Greenly's property.

Do a google search for troy gentry bear for more info.

3. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Troy Gentry Fake

Maybe he'll try his hand at acting. Although I've noticed it's gone from 1 acre to 3.

4. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Troy Gentry Fake

WOW! That's what you call a real hunter! Good thing he's famous, now every anti-hunter will think that's they way hunting really is. Pitiful!!!

Jack

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Troy Gentry Fake

Shamelessly shooting a pet bear point blank with an arrow is a disgrace, whether it's fenced in 1 acre or 1 million.

Anybody who goes to this coward's concerts or buys his music should be ashamed and considered to be of the same ilk.

-Gary

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Troy Gentry Fake

You guys are a little ridiculous. Especially Gary. I can see that what he did was stupid. I don't supposed any of you guys ever bought meat from the store or ate a turkey you didn't hunt because its about the same.

7. shelly

shelly TS Member

Troy Gentry Fake

I can't see the difference between slaughtering the bear with an arrow, a knife, a gun, or whatever.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Troy Gentry Fake

The issue is this was a pet bear in a fenced enclosure. Not a big game hunt in the wild.

The bear is not a farm animal. Any comparisons to a farm animal are non-sequiter.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Troy Gentry Fake

The introduction of the word "farm" into this discussion is in itself a non-sequitur.

The point is, it's an animal. This guy's probably a scumbag...like many people who do things I don't like. But - either animals are chattels at man's disposal - or they are "something else."

That gray "something else" territory is where the slippery slope of the animal rights wackos begins.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Troy Gentry Fake

Remstar:

You're comparing a guy selling his tame bear and orchestrating a fake hunt so some cowardly country queer can pretend he's a sportsman to somebody eating a store-bought turkey? ...and I'M the one being ridiculous?

Wow. People and how their brains work really fascinates me sometimes.

-Gary

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Troy Gentry Fake

They were making a "hunting video". Big money in this business. We all contribute to this kind of thing every time we purchase one of those videos.
    This was an extreme example of fraud but most of them are put together using
    a lot of chopping & inserting of animals, shots, etc. Most of them are put together from several filming sessions & sold as videos of "real" hunts.

If we would just stop purchasing these videos we would end this phoney crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

troy gentry bear hunt