1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with DT10...breaks open when shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gr8shot, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

was shooting doubles last nite and my DT 10 started opening after the gun was fired. has anyone had this problem? what is the fix?

thanx.

steve.

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

It is the top lever spring that usually the problem on Brownings. Or the locking block is in need of overhauling. If it is the locking block problem the lever will be to the left of center instead of the right of center. One fix (spring) is a easy fix the other is not. Again this is on Brownings and Mirkou made guns.

Rock

Jim

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It could be dirt...too much grease...or just plain wear or weakened or broken springs...where is the locking lever position when the action is closed?...is it a combo? if so does it act the same with both barrel sets??

4. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

the gun is a year old and the lever is still to the right. it is a combo and the unsingle stays closed when shot. the gun is clean.

i thought there was a discussion on here about someone having trouble with the o/u barrels not staying closed.

steve.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve... Clean the locking block and locking lugs well. Too much oil, especially with a newer gun such as yours, is usually the culprit. The locking block has not seated completely into the locking lugs yet, and over oiling can cause the exact problem you are experiencing. I don't put any oil at all on my locking lugs, and keep them as dry as I can. One drop of oil on the locking block is all that is necessary. While some may say you should put a little oil on them, I have never had any abnormal wear problems with my Perazzi's after years of shooting them that way.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have never heard this problem before. The DT10 has the "Greener" type locking lugs and are quite different from any other Beretta (except the ASE 90). I would have it looked at by a gunsmith who know this locking system.

JON

7. autogun

autogun Member

I shoot sporting clays with a fellow who has a DT 10 that opened by itself on firing. The fix was to replace the greener type bolt with an oversized bolt. It is a common problem according to Cole's Gunsmithing, the smithy who fixed it.

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

not right get it looked at ....vdt

9. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

One here in Australia that did this, went back to Beretta Aust 3 times , New Springs, New springs and pins, just about everything new, Last time it failed shooter had fired both barrells, gun jumped open and when he removed his trigger hand the whole trigger group fell on the ground, Beretta told him to piss off as there was nothing wrong with the gun, He finally found a retired English gun maker who retired here and he fixed it, most of the parts were never fitted properly, he stripped it, got out his smoke lamp and hand finished the mechanism and it has never failed since.

We must remember that these guns are machine finished and are not assembled with the care and attention we were once accustomed to from Beretta,

With the continual problems shooters are experiencing with these guns I can not understand why shooters still line up to pay good money for this piece of crap

Argus

10. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

i've made a lot of money with this piece of crap....and had a lot of fun too.

i bought it last year and ran my first 200 straight with it.

just because i'm having a problem, i'm definitly not going to give up on a good thing.

i respect your opinion...thank you...

steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta dt10 shoots open

dt10 lugs removal