1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with a seller

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by greenlightning, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

I recently bought a stock for my MX8 from some people in Pleasant Hope, MO that I found on TS.com. The stock has an adjustable soft comb and kick-ezz pad. The seller claimed not to have a camera, so we struck a deal that if the stock was not what I thought it should be, I could return it. Long story short, I can't get the seller to return my e-mails and I don't think that I will ever see any money if I send the stock back. I've been had because the stock will not fit my receiver. I'm not sure what the stock will fit, so I don't know how to try to resell it.

Curt H.

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

Did you not get his phone number?

Do a search on yellowpages.com with his address and see if you find his number.

Send a registered letter to the address where you sent the check explaining the situation. Ray.......

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it's all true, out the seller here.

4. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

I would like to give the seller a little more time to respond to my e-mails or this thread before I start naming and pointing fingers.
    Curt H.

5. nhp1

nhp1 TS Member

0   0   0

How about a buyer that said he would buy a gun and backed out of it? I just had this happen to me from a guy on this forum. Usually when somebody says they'll buy a gun here isn't ethically an agreement to buy?

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

nhp1: Not even close. Your buyer backed out so what have you actually lost- Nothing. You ever hear of buyers remorse or maybe he figured it to be a bad deal. Grow up and get real.

Don

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I guess the old "word is your bond" means nothing anymore, huh Don? Sad.

8. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

Claybrdr, I have to agree with you. I grew up with your word and a hand shake was your bond and you did not dare brake it. At gunshows if a buyer is interested in the gun he had better leave some money on the gun or it goes to the next person. I will hold the money till the end of the day. If he does not show up then the gun goes back on the table and the money is mine. If its a friend I will take his word and hold the gun. If he brakes his word then I will never do that for him ever again.

NHP1 was out of something. Time. He could have wanted to sell the gun so he could buy another gun. He could have had to sell the gun to go some place or pay bills. Now he has to wait for another buyer and hope he gets one in these hard times.

9. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

Greenlightning, do tell us who it is when you get tired of trying to get in touched with him. Someone here just might be able to get him to answer your emails.

10. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

0   0   0

I've sold a LOT of IPSC-type handguns on the net over the years and the way I handle the sale is as follows. Once an interested party says they will buy, I keep all other interested parties on a list and inform them they will be next in line should the deal fall through. If your gun is priced right you will generally have more than one interested person to fall back on. We all know, or should, the deal isn't closed until the cash is in hand!!

Rich

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

I tend to agree with Big Don. If the buyer was upfront and simply changed his mind and it didn't cost the seller anything what the heck. I've sold a few things on T/S.com and always give a 3 day inspect clause ( never used ) but I'd much rather know before I shipped it out. Just my never to be humble opinion. Jim W

12. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

usually when someone is upset because someone changed their mind about purchasing, it's because it's (the product) usually overpriced, or they payed too much for it in the first place, and they are disappointed their product was not "unloaded".

Remember, it is a buyers right NOT to purchase if they don't want the product.

sounds like you want to pressure the buyer, just because they are interested.

my suggestion would be to ask for a deposit to hold the product, or explain that if no deposit is received, that the product can be sold.

someone saying they will buy something, is Not a contract to purchase.

tony

13. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I agree with Rich. I have sold a number of items and had several people express interest in purchasing these items. I informed all interested parties that I wanted to be fair and offer the item to the person who was "1st in line". Then if they refused it would go to the next person and on and on. I will say that communication is a key to all sales and purchases. It appears the seller in question here may not have done a good job in communicating with the purchaser. Then again there could be a good reason. I would give him/her a reasonable amount of time to respond. Ed

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

"word is your bond" has, these days, been joined by "return" and refund" and thank God for that. It's only money.

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

If your word isn't a bond that you stand behind then you ain't much!!!!

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If the stock was for a different gun it was either a mistake, in which case should be fixed already, or fraud, which is wholly another matter.

call the postmaster, you sent the funds through the mail. USPS takes a very dim view of using them for scams.

HM

17. WGB

WGB Member

0   0   0

Your word is your bond with a handshake, face to face, with someone you trust. But that was back in time when you all lived in the same town or county, worked together and knew everyone. Now it's all long distnce phones and the internet to people you don't know. The seller or buyer is someone you don't know, never met and they don't know you either. You're just a stranger.

When the money is paid, in my hand, the deal is done. Otherwise you're a fool.

18. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

I have given up on the seller. I feel like I need to give everyone the information that I have about the seller and the poster to try and prevent this kind of thing from happening to someone else. The original thread was posted with the sign on name of "p hopeer". The seller's e-mail was watsontryand@yahoo.com. I made the check out to Angie Watson of Pleasant Hope, Mo. The phone number is unlisted.

Curt

19. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

0   0   0

Angie Watson (417) 466-0272 205 Johnston St, Mount Vernon, MO 65712

Here is an "Angie Watson" that shows up in Mt. Vernon, MO about 50 miles from Pleasant Hope.

20. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info TW, but I think I'm over it. I am not out for revenge, I just don't want this site to be a haven for people to take advantage of others.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.