1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with a Browning Citori 28 ga. trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I bought a used Citori Whitewing 28 ga. on Wednesday, and shot 2 rounds of skeet with it today. I had at least 5 instances of trigger trouble, two of which I thought was the inertia trigger not setting. They might not have been that at all. The other 3 however, were times when the trigger felt like it pulled, and there was a click. The last time I did it that way, I pulled the trigger again, without moving the safety on and off, or opening the action. The gun fired, which suprised me to say the least. Any ideas? I am going to call the dealer I purchased it from and tell him about it, and I fully expect him to make it right at no expense to me. Trouble is, it is a 5 hour round-trip drive to the store.

RK Miller
    Cranberry PA

2. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

I would suggest that before you return it, remove the stock and clean the action and re lubricate. Sometimes these guns sit for a long time before sale and get sort of sticky inside. Also possible is some debris has gotten into the inertia block mechanism and is sticking and not resetting for the second barrel. One more thing is to change barrel selection to see if that makes any difference. And finally, you may be doing what is called "trapping the trigger" which is not fully releasing the trigger after firing the first barrel. This a common problem with Browning guns.

Steve

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

If it is a new gun it should be covered by the factory? Is it new? Jeff

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Steve Fischer is spot on with his advice. Clean the action (triggerworks) well and then make sure you aren't trapping the trigger.

Easystreet

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Pat,

I hope that he also cleaned the triggerworks before he put it away. New guns often need this to remove rust protectant, wood chips, metal shavings, etc.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori inertia block removal

browning citori inertia trigger