1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble for our shotguns.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by shadow, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow Active Member

Our shoyguns and out sport may just be in some trouble. I understand that one of the executive orders the president may make is to forbid the use of bullets with LEAD in them.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Thought is he is going to use human Health and Services to issue a regulation banning lead and the EPA might do something as well.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I kinda doubt a lead ban will come during this king/president. the reverberations around the world would put the globe in an economic tailspin. The economy is too fragile to send another half million to the unemployment lines. Lead and assault weapons are different issues. Besides, I think he would test the waters for a long time before just exec ordering it away. But Obama has proven himself as a valiant warrior for liberal causes...

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

MIA---Most of the bullets for an AR have lead cores.

5. JACK

I'm aware of that. We could shoot steel out of current guns using wads of different designs and consistencies.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some of the definitions forbid "telescoping stocks" and "barrel compensators".

Can you say "stocks with adjustable length of pull" and "barrel porting" or "ported choke tubes"?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anyone who thinks their guns is too politically correct to be banned better think again. It should be plainly obvious now that ordinary "sporting" firearms are under attack with the new proposed legislation that it is ALL guns they are after given any opportunity to do so.

8. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Brian is correct. You may use any cliche you want, but the gun-haters are determined to disarm America incrementally. Anybody who believes that giving up one type of gun will make them happy and then go away is only fooling themselves.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

MIA,
    With all due respect I believe putting our economy into a tailspin is one of his goals?

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Brian is as usual 100% correct.They always use the phrase"nobody needs an AR" or "it doesn't have a sporting use".If we let them define what we need or what a sporting arm is then they are coming for all of them.

The rason they think we don't need assault weapons is because they work real well for what they are designed for.Stopping unchecked agression.

I may be a little optimistic but I really believe this fight will be the one that the sheep will finally stand up and say no.Hell even Reid is afraid.

Darr

11. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Just think of the numbers of doobie smokers who defied the laws...they showed the way didn't they, Barack?

12. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Right on Model Number 12. It's like boiling frogs. Remember when it was just "No smoking in elevators"? Now you can't smoke on beaches or open air parks!

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Don't forget, the mental health provisions of the tyrants orders. Who is going to define what exactly is "normal". Think about our sport. A bunch of fat ugly stinky guys buy $20,000 shotguns and spend a lot of money to shoot at little clay dishes from the same 5 positions, time after time, year after year. By pure reasoning, that sounds like a mental imbalance. Better take away their guns......

14. JACK

No. In fact he thinks the econmy has finally crossed over into positve territory and believes that his actions have spurred long term growth. If you have been paying attention, our "jobless recovery" is somewhat caused by automation taking over where people used to work. Adn too, corporations are makeing money and can afford to pay more ratehr than move offshore.

I did not hear anything about lead today. Perhpas another day. But I stand my position on wad design to accommodate hard shot. MIght not work as well, but Leo and RBJ will still take your MOney when you lay it down.

The battle about black rifles has now moved to the congress. I will enjoy the infighting as a spectatior.

I think he said nothing today. True, his exec orders will be painful. But mostly he has just justified the hire of 5 to 10,000 new federal emplyees. Spending your money to get them (and their extended families) to vote democratic. Isn't that the goal anyway?

15. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Right on Leo. Think about all those atheists who think crazy people go to churches every Sunday and talk to imaginary characters. The focus should be on criminality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.