1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophys from last weekend

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Calgary Guy, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

I just thought I post these from my dads succesful run at our last shoot.
    I thought our club did a heck of a job with the trophys.
    Dad only shot in 6 events and had never shoot registered doubles before.
    I made it into 3 events and took home 2 of these. Sorry no pic, but one was a antelope (same as his) other was a nice Grizz bear. Dad had to get into his first shoot off in order to take 3rd in the handicap

One happy guy let me tell you. I also am very proud of him. he has really struggled since he started(one year) but it is starting to all come together for him. He works hard at his game and more importantly he loves it and the people involved. Everyone has been very helpful

[​IMG]

Calgary Guy

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Now, Those are some nice trophy's ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Nice trophies they look real looking maybe a head shrinker done his magic to them first from the way they look.

Foggy

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jim and Jamie, those are really nice trophies. I will see you next week for the Calgary Stampede Grand.

5. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Mike, yes we will both be at the Stampede Grand.
    Unfortunatly we cant make it until Sat and Sun. And I wont be able to shoot at all till then. To bad, becouse I REALLY like those trophys as well.
    Thats one thing I can say for AHIEA. They give out some nice stuff. After seeing people on here talking about what they recieved at other shoots.. I think we have it made in the shade.
    I really like the Browning DUCK COMANDER coolers we got a month or so ago.
    Brooks had these same trophys but without the bases. We are getting a great little collection going.

See you at the Stampede Grand

Jamie

6. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Thank you all for the kind words.

Calgary Guy

7. AHEIA Bob

AHEIA Bob TS Member

Thanks for the positive feedback on the trophies. Congratulations to both you and your Dad. It is a great pleasure to see the two of you competing together and being as sucessful as you are. You are both great additions to the sport and I'm proud to be associated with you!

Cheers!
    Bob Gruszecki

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WOW!! Those are good looking trophy's! Good job all around, both shooters and Bob. Hap

9. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Bob, it is us who owe you, AHEIA and all the other trap shooters a big thank you.
    It’s a group and a organization we are both very proud to say we belong to.

First class and Top notch is the way I would describe AHEIA.

I could only hope that every new trap shooter would have the same opportunities I have received.

Thanks
    Jamie Hunt

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I love those trophies, especially the moose. Congratulations on your good shooting...the both of you!

11. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Recurvy.. I assume you mean the Elk?
    No Moose in that pic.

Make your way up here to Alberta sometime, do some shooting, take a tour of Banff, check out the Stampede. Best trip of your life I promise you.
    And we can show you the different animals.

Take care
    and thanks for the post

Calgary Guy

12. recurvyarcher

Can you tell I don't hunt? It's the elk...it's very majestic! It would be fun to see one of those in real life. We'll have to come up there and do that.

13. AHEIA Bob

AHEIA Bob TS Member

The artwork is distributed by a company named Mill Creek Studios. I believe they are out of California but have dealers everywhere. They come without the wood bases (I made those and siliconed the trophy to them)and the plates are from our local engraver. There are a number more that don't appear in these photos including an eagle, a grizzly bear, a non-typical Mule Deer, a Moose and more.

They are really well done and the castings are anatomically correct. The shooters seemed to really like them as we had numerous comments.

Here is the Mill Creek Studios Web Site: http://www2.millcreekstudios.com/

Come see us at the Calgary Firearms Centre anytime!

Cheers!
    Bob Gruszecki

14. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Very nice trophies for good shooting. Reurvey, you only live a few hours from the Pa. elk herd. They have viewing areas off PA 555 at Winslow Hill.Thats between Weedville and Driftwood. Mike

15. recurvyarcher

Wow, Mike! Thanks for posting that! Martin is going to take me to see some elk soon. They are so beautiful!!!

Martin says they are tasty, too. LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.