1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophyies or Money ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1goat roper, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

Kent will put..........................................Ken

2. Kent

Kent TS Member

Tron, why not just stay home. If your payout will be just $20.00 if you are the best of the best. Hell I spend more on beer a day than that.

3. 1goat roper

1goat roper TS Member

Should of read "well put"..............The price of targets are out of hand for what you get..............Ken

4. Kent

Kent TS Member

Tron, I remeber that I owe you a beer. You were the first to get the answer to aq quis I posted last year, Don't worry I aeays pay my debts.

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

What you are showing here is a POORLY written program. It is also an example of a shoot with little payback.
    One of my first questions is does the cost of shooting cover ATA and state fees? My guess is no. Then the first problem is the cost of targets for ATA shooting is TOO HIGH [at least for my area.]

Secondly lets take the 16 yd event. What kind of shoot management takes $1.50 of the shoot fee to go to HOA, which I am guessing is the HOA of the 16yd event. That is completely unfair. So that leaves the $2.50 fees. How is this paid out??? One winner or one winner per say 10 or 15 entries in class??? What I see wrong is no verbage on pay-out and the dissapointing part is they are ONLY paying back $2.50 per shooter on a $29 dollar program. This would also be my opinion for the Doubles as well since it is covered by the same rules.

The handicap is even worse, First I do not like shoots that do not pay-out handicap by yardage groups....so $4.00 for paying out 5 places........SUCKS

I do most of my shooting in Michigan or Wisconsin. If I recived this program I would either elect to stay home or go to another club with better payouts.....as respect to money charged......

GS

6. Kent

Kent TS Member

Trophies or Money ?

Also what concerns me is that I have no option to not shoot for the money. But like I said the shooters have voted with their non appearance at this club. but they still have not learened that a 10-15 dollar trophy will get more shooters to attend than a 15 dollar payout.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I used to play the money occasionally but I think I enjoy shooting more when that is no longer a factor. I win some added money on rare occasions but I shoot for the fun and to try and improve every time out.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Killings Red I got the same program today in the mail.

Like I said in another thread I am not going to shoot very much this year especially at targets close to 30.00 per 100 at a small shoot that don't count for anything I would rather shoot at the small shoot for no money and trophies for less money but of course if you are the winner of the event then put it in trap and field but why would I want to spend that much just to register targets with not much of a return.

I do remember a few years ago there was 50 or more shooters and it was a good place to shoot and ran on time.

Maybe I will se you in sparta in a month or so might not even shoot there either but just come to visit.

Well its bed time for me.

Fog

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Money - AMMO - GUN - Silver - Gold <BR>

<H1>DO NOT GIVE ME A STINKING TROPHY</H1><BR>

Ronbo

10. missemucho

missemucho Member

At our May shoot we're going to have a 300 bird handicap marathon with a 40% payout to shooters and charge shooters $22 for targets and prizes. I don't have any previous experience with cash prizes, but either these folks are trying to make a killing or we're paying out too much! Traditionally our prizes (shells, plaques etc) have cost us 40% of our total expenses; that's how we arrived at the total. In these times of high gas prices and declining shoot attendance we decided to see if $$$ would attract shooters.

Does this percentage appear to be the norm for other shoots in your opinion?
    John

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I much prefer nice trophys. No way will a shooter "MAKE" money shooting, and if I want a few extra bucks, I'll volunteer for a few hours of overtime at work! As for guns and high dollar prizes, they are VERY rare now except for the BIG BUNDLE shoots which are disappearing fast. No way will you EVER get enough money back at a small shoot. Gold and Silver coins are nice at some of the larger shoots. At the Dixie a while back they gave away Civil war era silver dollars. Unfortunetly In did not win one, but they were very nice prizes. As mentioned above a 15 or 20 dollar trophy will bring bck more shooters any day than 15 or 20 dollars when it cost 50 to win it!

12. Mo Bill

Mo Bill Member

HELLO Killian's

Are you talking about Rend Lake?...if so, the people running it I believe
    were the same group that managed St. Louis Skeet and Trap for a short time.
    They didn't have a clue there and moved on... to Rend Lake.

Mo Bill

13. Kent

Kent TS Member

Yes Mo Bill, that's the place. I did not really want to name names but you said it right.

14. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

"RONBO" - I am sure you are great shooter that has more trophies than you care to count. But after 10+years of club management I have determined the average shooter wants the trophies. Go the the Grand and make all the monies you can accumulate. Good luck. - Jim

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Typical 2 day weekend shoot costs me around $600/avgas, motel, rental car, meals, ammo, entry fees, etc.

If I shoot good and win I'd much rather get a nice trophy to remember the weekend by than to get a $23.26 check (cash trophy). OTOH, I ALWAYS play the Lewis & if I get a little check from THAT?-------that's GREAT!

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.