1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophy walrus head for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bob levine, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob levine

bob levine Member

0   0   0

I have one to many trophy walrus heads. One is for sale. It is a legal item as it has been native scrimshawed. The tusks are 18 inches long and 5 inches in diameter. The tusks which of course are ivory are mounted in the head and on a wood display stand. The upper jaw which the tusks are mounted in also have the 8 ivory teeth set in place. You may never get the chance to own one of these scarce trophys again in your lifetime. The price is $1800. plus crating and shipping to your door. Be sure your state allows this item to be shipped into it (California)is probably a no no.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob,

I may be interested in this item. Can you send pictures to me? XXXbillgrill@charter.netXXX Remove x's. Just built new gun room looking for trophys a little bit out of the ordinary. Still waiting to get that 5e I bought from you back from stock maker. Bill

3. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

0   0   0

I thought this was going to be a joke ,,that we'd get a picture of Nancy P.

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I thought it was a joke too until i saw the 1800.00 price tag. We all know stretch won't fetch 1800.00 from anyone.

5. ctreay

ctreay Member

0   0   0

I thought for sure you had bagged my ex. Her head on the wall would have been a good idea 40 years ago.

ctreay

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

0   0   0

Bob, if you like you can send the pictures to me and I can post them for you. Just let me know. Josh

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Well, heck, who doesn't have one of these on their living room wall.........lol

Me, for one!

Go for it!

Hauxfan!

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you think the walrus is expensive, wait until he offers the trophy eggman head!

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

This ivory is worth a ton. I have a set (2 tusks) 28 inches long and 5 inch in dia. Got it while in Alaska. Mounted in two solid brass bases. Very attrtactive on the mantel. Your price is more than fair. I believe they must be scrimshawed by local people to be legal to own. Anything more impressive is elephant tusk.

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

0   0   0

Here you go<br><br>

walrushead004.jpg <br><br>
    walrushead003.jpg <br><br>
    walrushead002.jpg <br><br>
    walrushead001.jpg <br><br>
    Josh

11. smsnyder

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Take those tusks out of skull and mount in solid brass bases. Beautiful item

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

0   0   0

How's the oosik market?

13. smsnyder

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Nice bear ivory.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bob,

Could you share some info on the hunt, size of animal etc? I used to watch Marlin Perkins and was always fascinated by the walruses and elephant seals.

Also what is the significance of the scrimm (which is the design on the side of each tusk). Thanks.

15. bob levine

bob levine Member

0   0   0

I have no idea what the live weight of the walrus was but the scrim is a requirement of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to prove that they are "native worked ivory" and therefore legal to own , buy and sell. Such are the ways of F&W service. Its their rules not mine.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

BigDog, in 1955, on a trip to Chicago with my parents, Marlin Perkins put us up in his apartment building. I was impressed after years of watching Zoo Parade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mounted walrus head

mounted walrus tusks for sale

walrus head for sale
walrus head mount

walrus head mount for sale

walrus head mounts for sale

walrus mount for sale
walrus mounts for sale