1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophy Donations Wanted for Youth

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Martin and I probably have some for you. We are in the process of combining households, and we simply don't have room for it all. I sent you an email.

2. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you very much. Readers, this person seems a very caring and generous person. IT'S FOR THE KIDS! Any donations of trophies are appreciated. I have had a "Tractor Puller" donate trophies. All are accepted for the kids. My club budget only stretches so far. I'm working on "next year", so there's plenty of time. Please just remember the heading of the thread.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Where are all the people who complained that they got crappy trophies? If they didn't like the trophies they got, the least that they can do is donate them to the kids. C'mon...

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I've got a bunch just collecting dust. Where do you want them sent?

5. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

tanda1, my problem is that the club hasn't given me a budget for shipping cost. I wouldn't know when or if I'll be able to pay it. My address is Larry Rowland, 1604 Reid Ave., Xenia Ohio 45385. Your offer is very generous also. If you live anywhere near the Dayton, Ohio area, I can pick them up. Thank you.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

Larry, till Devi and I get some to you, look locally and contact bowling alleys. They are a very good source. Also check with businesses selling trophies as they sometimes have seconds that won't sell.

7. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

Larry, Email sent.

8. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

I appreciate all the interest everyone has shown for donating Youth Activity trophies, and the added suggestions. I'm getting fliers to a few local ranges. As suggested, any standing trophy can be recycled. I've contacted suppliers about seconds, and was told they didn't do that because they want to sell first grade trophies. Thank you Robb, I'm picking up trophies he's donated locally.

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Larry: I have my wife going through the attic. Do you want old baseball/softball trophies?? I am going to my daughter's in Beaver Creek this week end so if I turn up somethings I will let you know and you can pick them up there.

Don

10. DFoster

DFoster Member

0   0   0

Larry, I have several trophies that I would like to donate to you, I can bring them over to the gun club. Most of the trophies have high lady on them or on the tags, which will need to be replaced. Are you going to be over at the Greene County club this Sunday? if not I can leave them with Justin.

You can e-mail me regarding these at DFoster258@aol.com

11. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

BIGDON and Diane, Wow, very generous. Don, I surely can pick up trophies in Beavercreek. As I said, any trophy can be recycled for the kids. I just get new tops and plates for those of other sports. I graduated from Beavercreek in '66, my wife in '68. Diane, those trophies are perfect. I'll be at the club Sunday for sure. I'll get new plates as, and if needed. Several of my best shots are the young girls. High average over the season is a girl.

Remember that I'm asking you to do this for the kids. In one season of shooting alone, I'll use 39 trophies for one sport (now have 3 sports going, with side matches in others). ANY trophy lights up the eyes of these kids. They are the future of all the outdoor sports we love. Without getting them enthused about the sports, I fear many skills will be lost. If you are local, I'm listed in the ph. book.

12. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Larry -

Are you only interested in "man on a stick" type trophies, or could you use things like wooden ducks, etc? I'm not a hunter but have a small collection of hunter-appropriate trophies that I won at trapshoots that my wife won't even let sit out. I can send them if you can us them.

Scott Calhoun

14. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Scott, I can surely make any type trophy work for the kids. How excited they would be to have such nice things to display! My address is displayed a couple times above. Devi is even sending Cigar boxes that will be made into fine treasure keeping trophy boxes for the kids. Fresh ideas like yours are very appreciated. Devi mentioned also, that I could be at Marengo, Ohio at least once a year to collect trophies that shooters donate. Sorry, the trip to the Grand is just too much for me these days.

15. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Larry, If you are not in too much of a hurry for them, I probably have 30 or more of the trophies with the shotgun dude on top. They are at my parents place in MI and I'm in IL. I'll have a chance to pick them up in a month or two. I'll pull the inscribed plate off if that's cool w/ you.

Can ship half of them to you(got a pm from someone else looking for kids trophies...I'll send him the other half) Shipping is on me.

Put them to good use.

Ted

16. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks so much Ted. I have all winter now to collect about 90+ trophies. I know that's a lot of trophies, but I have several Youth activities already scheduled for the kid's summer. I do have a few more activities I plan for yet this year that need trophies also. The big one will be the "Ladies and Children Trap Shoot." It's meant to introduce trap to those that run the households. LOL! As stated earlier, I think I need to collect trophies year round, each year, to keep the interest going with the kids. BY THE WAY, my planned activities aren't just for the youth of the Greene County Fish and Game. They are public events for all youth that can come.

17. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Local donations are coming in for the kids trophies. I picked up 3 the other day, and 16 at the club today. Sunday I'm to be at the club about noon, to pick up more.

My real surprize is the support for youth that I'm getting from afar. These people niether know me nor my club, but have freely offered wonderful trophies for the kids. Thank you all so much! Rember sportsmen and women need to "pass it forward" for the kids.

18. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Ladies and gentlemen, I know that though many of you don't have room to display your trophies, you just hate to get rid of them. Getting any trophy is a great accomplishment you should be proud of. Why not take those plates from the trophies and either make or have made a display plaque. That way you'd have your proud memories displayed. Also, this way you can allow a child to feel the same pride you feel, by winning a trophy. It's for the Kids.

19. t-bar

t-bar Member

0   0   0

Larry,

Trophies coming your way, I'll get them in the mail next week.

Barb

20. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you very, very much Barb. Every trophy counts. I watched the faces of the class winners as they got their trophies, others as they got ribbons. What a wonderful time for them. I want to give all trophies from now on. But you know, I always asked every kid after competitions if they had fun. Not one child hesitated giving out a smile and a yes. Keep 'em coming guys. It's for the kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.