1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophies to donate . . . anyone that can use them?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scott calhoun, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who might be interested in taking some old trapshooting trophies and recycling them? I know there was a thread quite a while ago from someone in Ohio (IIRC) that was reusing donated trophies for his kids program. I can't find that thread, but thought there might be others doing the same thing.

I've got quite a few (maybe 2 dozen) that I would be willing to donate that could be reused quite easily (no club names or dates on the trophy, or just a simple brass plate that can be easiy removed/replaced).

If anyone is interested please let me know (send me a PM or reply here with contact info).

Thanks - Scott

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I gave a few to the Boy Scouts.

3. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Scott,
    Just wanted to say it's nice of you to offer these trophies. Our club had a large batch of trophies donated by a lady who is an awesome archer. We put little trapshooters on top and changed the plates. This got us through some tight times when our little club couldn't have provided much, especially to juniors who we only charged for their targets.
    Decent move on your part. Good shooting to you. Roger

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Still tying to give it away two years later. Might make a good TV antenna on a motor home. Spent thousands over the years in this sport to win fine trophies like the one here. LOL

5. mdseites

mdseites TS Member

I would be interested in the trophy s, I would use them for our AIM Team Youth Events.

Please email me if they are still available.

Thanks

Morrie

6. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

I would be interested in your trophy's for our Aim program as well,please let me know if these are still available Mike Schwacke Brush Creek Conservation Club

7. scott calhoun

I've received a number of inquires. I am going to get all the trophies together and split them up and try help out as many as I can.

Thanks for the interest, and for anyone who has some trophies gathering dust there definitely people that could put them to use

Scott

8. scott calhoun

Everyone -

I went thru the trophies tonight and was able to put them into five groups with five to seven trophies in each group. I was sort of surprised, but it worked out that a lot of the trophies fit nicely into groups of similar type (man on a stick, ducks, animal busts, etc).

I've replied back to the first five that responded, and if something doesn't work out with those I'll move down the list. Mike2010, sorry to say you are the first alternate.

Thanks - Scott

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There must be a million generic belt buckles sitting in shoe boxes that could be reused. I've got some that just say Handicap or Singles Champion, as well as some class champion buckles that don't have a club or date on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.