1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophies for Ontario Championship

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrotherwolfCA, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Could the person in charge of trophies please comment on what type of trophies have been purchased for the provincial shoot. A small description would be great. Also, I hope the trophies will be on display for everyone to see like in years past. Thank you.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Barbara Sheldon is in charge of the trophies this year. I believe she left for the Eastern Zone this morning. I will send her a note about your thread. Bill Malcolm

3. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

I have sent you a PM, wolf.
    b.

4. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

I don't believe in private messages when it comes to a polite and very general question. Again, I am asking for a description of the tophies you selected, sourced and purchased for the provincial championships. Everyone enjoys viewing trophies that they are shooting for. I don't believe that the question I asked was in any way out of the ordinary type. Thank you.

5. Logan_p

Logan_p TS Member

I have known Barbara for a while and I am sure the trophies she selected are amazing and of the best quality. She is on her way to a shoot in the U.S right now But when she has a moment I am sure she will answer all of your questions in detail.
    Logan. p

6. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Thanks Logan! You are correct and yes, i am currently in the USA. (Check your pm's.)

Wolf, it is indeed a very unusual request to ask for details of every item that has been selected for a tournament - in this case about 92 of them.

You may not believe in pm's but you obviously read and quoted from mine and yet you refuse to respond directly to me...and you also refuse to give me the courtesy of identifying yourself. Why is that?

You will see the trophies at the tournament - and i truly hope you are able to win some. If you are not pleased with my work, you can direct your complaints to me - directly. Unless you are still afraid to identify yourself.

b.

7. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

I asked a simple and polite question about trophies and look at the response and reaction that I have recieved. No one here is complaining about your work or purchases. I hope that if anyone else has questions about the Ontario provincial championships they are not answered in such a manner.

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

The job of choosing and organizing the trophies is thankless. Most clubs are unable to display all trophies at once. Even the ability to display daily trophies is difficult. Need more volunteers.
    No doubt if we had display cases and home grounds with a building to house trophy cabinets. Need to start wish list.
    Not common to visualize trophies in advance.
    At the Grand American is the best display. Clubs such as Tucson Trap & Skeet have large display cases, generally display 3 or 4 events at once.
    Not 3 or 4 days.
    Tucson has one or two ladies that are in charge of trophies only and do not shoot. Mason, Mich. has small display. No full time trophy person.
    I should not speek out of turn, likely Barb could use hand at Provincial.
    Someone to be responsible slug trophies into club house.
    Unpackage & handout properly. No mistakes.

No need to pick on Barb.
    or question her ability.!!!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

9. shark1

shark1 Member

Case of Molson? I will drive up! Mike Sharkey, DC

10. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Good thoughts and well-said Joe - and yes, you are correct in that there is very little room for us to display all the trophies in the only building that Hamilton Gun Club provides the OPTA to classify and entirely administrate the tournament.

The president of the OPTA did ask the current management of HGC on our behalf for use of their Board Room which would enable us to properly and thoroughly display all the beautiful trophies, also enabling the shooters to view them at their leisure. This room was used successfully at the 2008 Canadian and the shooters really appreciated it....but our request was turned down.

My fellow board member, Basil Z. is going to be working with me on the daily display and distribution of the trophies and we will do what we can with the space we are allowed by the host club.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Joe! And if you drive up Mike, i will personally buy you that beer!

b.

11. 1166

1166 Member

Brotherwolf I can assure you the trophys are more than appropiate, & may I suggest that you put more of your excess energy into better shooting.

12. shark1

shark1 Member

What are the dates? I have not been to Canada in years, and had great times. What type of I.D. is needed to get into the country, and paper work with the gun? Mike Sharkey, DC PS, Now you got me thinking of a road trip! Thanks

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

July 31 , Aug. 01 & Aug. 02 , Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

If I can be of any help. www.losttarget.com

Excellent web site.

Joe Woods/Ontario

14. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Email sent to you Mike.
    b.

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Visiting Canada with a Firearm (Long Guns Only)

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmcanada.html

If driving, an Enhanced Drivers License or Passport is required to return to the US. If flying, Passport only.

Assume the worse in regard to border crossing traffic and give yourself and hour or two of extra time. I've sat at some crossing for well over an hour. Depends if you hit holiday or vacation traffic.

Will cost you $25 for a 60 day Canadian firearms permit. Forms can be downloaded at the provided link. Takes ten - fifteen minutes to process at the border. You can bring in your firearm (and backups) and ammunition (up to 1,500 rounds duty free for use at a recognized competition).

You need a US Customs Form 4457. List firearms and high value items. Can be processed at the US border the day of crossing (prior to entering Canada) or at any US customs location prior to your visit. Never expires. Do not bring the firearms into the customs building unless directed to do so. They normally come out to the vehicle. Takes only a few minutes.

Cross with a full tank of gas. You will know why after the first time you fill up in Canada, they sell gas by the quart (approx) not the gallon (approx).

Leave Handguns at Home...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.