1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trophies, ATA, etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tori Putnam, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tori Putnam

Tori Putnam TS Member

My father, Robert W. Putnam, passed away last year and left us a lot of trophies. Many are silver, though there are a few plaques. While the family is keeping the most meaningful awards, we have many more than we need. Does anyone have a use for these old trophies?
    Thanks,
    Tori Jensen

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

The silver and ATA trophies will bring a good price on ebay. Large silver ATA trophies are worth $200 and up. See the ulr above. I collect ATA silver trophies. If you want email me a list of what you have and I'll make an offer for them.

3. t-bar

t-bar Member

Find a club close to you, see if they have any youth shooting. Perhaps some-one can recycle them. We miss your Dad, and all his card playing at Red Mtn.

bar

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Be sure to check and make sure that those shiny silver colored trophies are actually silver (if they are still shiney, they are probably pewter)Pewter trophies can be sold for scrap metal, and bring a fair price per pound.

5. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

t-bar, great idea about the youth shooting. I think I saw a post maybe 4 months ago about a State youth shooting program looking for trophies? Does anyone recall this as well?

Tori, my condolences on the loss of your Father.

Buddy Bartholow

6. Tori Putnam

Tori Putnam TS Member

Yup, most of them are silver. I have one Pewter mug and two plaques but the rest are silver. I have had more than my share of turns polishing my father's trophies for over 30 years! :) He was an ATA champ and is in the Minnesota Hall of Fame. He loved shooting more than life its self.

7. Tori Putnam

Tori Putnam TS Member

I like the youth idea as well. I think Dad would like to do that as well. Thanks for the idea T-bar.
    Dad loved the card playing as well. He was really sad about the end of the gun club in AZ last year. I hope you all have found a new place to enjoy getting together and shooting.

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hi Tori, I shot on a league squad with your Dad in 1962 at the St.Paul Rod & Gun Club. The last time I saw him was in 1990 or so, and we shot together on a Singles Squad at the Minneapolis Gun Club. He was a great guy and he is missed.

9. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tori, I did a search and the person who posted a request for shooting trophies was Larry Rowland. His email listed was Larry.Rowland@att.net

That is great that you would consider these going to a Youth Program. I am sure MANY young shooters would love to be able to get a wonderful trophy.

Happy Holidays

Buddy Bartholow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.